4 way active ,passive or what works best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IMG_6619_zps15cdfc9b.jpg

IMG_6626_zps091cac86.jpg

IMG_6623_zps819df577.jpg

CHeers

Even plywood will move a bit. What WHG proposes is a way to keep the attractive aspects of the corner(s). The quirk doesn't have to be physically large ... just enough to look like it belongs there. Nothing like checked filler to ruin a paint job ... as I'm sure you know. ....and you've doubled the chances (two joints per corner).

Last edited:
Dry Fit

Today screwed around with the front corners today made a mess of one so that will be used on the spare pair of cabs .

I'ved screwed together the sides to the base to see how it all fits ,thank god for filler and polyester spray filler ;):) .

IMG_6627_zpsb3c86bd7.jpg

IMG_6628_zpsbfbc0238.jpg

IMG_6629_zpsd0f25da1.jpg

Theres about 2mm extra in the radius to be sanded flush with the side panels .

Cheers

Started on making some of the bracing .Its 22mm & 19mm dowel
Cheers
If it were me I would upscale the bracing into full intelocking shelf braces, especially with the wall thickness you have selected. Is there a reason you are going with a low rigidity cabinet? Do you intend to include extensional damping?
E-A-R Specialty Composites
IME mass+stiffness+damping is the proven way to make an enclosure "quiet".
Constrained layer damping is superior but is precluded by your construction method.

Hi

Today a couple of mates came over and helped finishing off the bracing and fitting the top & bottoms panels .Ports fitted next couple of job's to do trim the top and bottm panels sand the sides and glue on the alloy skin and finish the front baffle area .

IMG_6634_zps8dbc27b4.jpg

IMG_6635_zps38c4694b.jpg

IMG_6639_zps56de3e59.jpg

While we had access to the internals we measured and cut the Black Hole 5 sheets .Didn't have time to glue them in because I sealed the internal walls with Bond crete was still drying off .

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.