4 way active ,passive or what works best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Working on the 1220mm side of the board makes it easier to router and the board needs to be supported .
IMG_6581_zps1df436c1.jpg

IMG_6582_zpsd4df3b23.jpg

Cheers

gluing

Made a simple jig up to hold the corners while being glued .Its much easier to glue layers together when you have dowel holes ;):),like I did with the speaker cab's .

IMG_6585_zps8e1df684.jpg

There's a little bit of variance between each layer which should be alright after sanding a hiFilling .

7 more to go :usd::)

CHeers

Hi 56oval .... the bandsaw would have been ideal here ... if there's a next time, cut the sheet up into smaller squares.

Make a template for the bandsaw ... basically a flat piece of plywood that has a strip attached underside to ride the mitre gauge groove. Advance into the blade to establish the cut line halfway into the plywood template. Clamp a stop block on the aft side of the saw bed to keep the sled (plywood template) from going any farther forward while cutting all of the pieces ... (repeatability).

Off the cut line, right where it ends in the sled, scribe a 90* line. On this line you will locate a pin, nail, whatever at the desired final arch radius. Put your blank on the sled and advance it into the blade to the stop block ... turn the blank on the pin ... done.

Do you have plans for the tapped horn using that driver? Did you go a car audio driver die to availability issues in Australia ?

3ggg the horn is the same with exodus anarchy TH by lilmike from avsforum and htguide forum as tested by patrick bateman here at diyaudio.

you will need to adjust the width of the horn to fit the eight rather than 6.5" of anarchy.

Hi Henry & 3GGG

Mine isn't the same design, Paul Spencer sim'd a different cabinet for the Alpine .The cabs over 600mm WIDE and 2400mm LONG the pair are going to be big :).
Horns rep sims
Red Spade Audio

A mate showed me a build on AVS using these drivers but its a different build .

The drivers can be bought from a number of supplier's .I do have plans for the build which I payed for and there not up for grabs at the moment need to prove the design first .Need to make sure reality close to sims ;):).

Cheers

Last edited:
It's slowly coming together

Evening

The corners have had time to dry ,I've given a rough sand to smooth out the face's and square them up .The tops I've left to trim level with the sides.

I needed to rebate the ends so theres over lap with the side boards to bond to and seal .Couldn't find a router bit with enough width so I cut the rebates with the saw .Finally drilled the 20mm holes in the bench top for the clamps .

IMG_6617_zps88a659e3.jpg

IMG_6616_zps2ac7a63d.jpg

IMG_6621_zps31cefee6.jpg

CHeers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.