2SK170 BL MC step up amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Erik,

If I remember well Salas posted 20dBs but for a newbie like me the only reason to have same gain it's the double njfet Idss is 7mA & the single njfet is higher Idss but I'm not sure I only want to know Idss range for single njfet & if the gain it's the same because for me it's more easy one single njfet powered with alkaline 9V.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Done, now I only need a box, RCA connectors & chassis GND to connect the TT.

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 723
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
ANOTHER approach at the mc- pre. This time with a BiB shunt, the power an open sound it gave made me go back to the FT-3 teflon cap. I had some issues to tackle hum, put the mc-stages in metal boxes and installed some RC filters in front of the BiB.

Maybe it's premature when I say that this is my final setup of Salas his MC stage,
because you never know, but it's good !

Impressive work. Leaving out the local filtering took extra PSU and can measures to be more dynamic still noise free, but you did go heroic to have all. Nice.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Done, now I only need a box, RCA connectors & chassis GND to connect the TT.

That one is not this thread's pre-pre. Its a single fet 20dB to work off a 9V battery for low enough consumption due to one degenerated fet and easy PSU, but hissier than two fets with no source resistor.

Anyway battery powered I don't hear any hiss:) and sounds very very good remind me Simplistic njfet mc RIAA, thanks again Salas. Next step I'll try with two 2SK170BL 7809 regulated to compare vs single 2SK170BL battery powered:D

Joined 2009
Paid Member
DL103R modified without body + modified big brother Puresound P10 MM 40dB (x 100).

I prefer single SK170BL battery powered vs Jim Hagerman Piccolo mc pre-pre, also I prefer single SK170BL battery powered vs Partridge 977 step up.

All test is for the future Valve Itch MM....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.