1DIFFQC amplifier

hay guys had my pcb's just sitting here and im thinking about populating them in the near future. im still a noob at this and am looking for some insight as to what power supply to run. Evette's quote about going with a 45v +- and changing the output to a MJH6284 but how big of a transformer?

im thinking a 500va that puts out at 30v would work. and hooked to a ebay psu board built to this specs.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

also about whats the cost to populate the pair of boards?

hay guys had my pcb's just sitting here and im thinking about populating them in the near future. im still a noob at this and am looking for some insight as to what power supply to run. Evette's quote about going with a 45v +- and changing the output to a MJH6284 but how big of a transformer?

im thinking a 500va that puts out at 30v would work. and hooked to a ebay psu board built to this specs.

also about whats the cost to populate the pair of boards?

Thanks Bob,

600VA for the stereo set works (a balance must be made between a large transformer and a compensated smaller one ). Especially for the current moving 1DIFFQC :) . If you love experimenting check this out. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/216409-power-supply-resevoir-size-156.html#post3221268 .You will need to locate high current chokes.

Looking forward to your build.

kind regards,

Harrison.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob,

600VA for the stereo set works (a balance must be made between a large transformer and a compensated smaller one ). Especially for the current moving 1DIFFQC :) . If you love experimenting check this out. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/216409-power-supply-resevoir-size-156.html#post3221268 .You will need to locate high current chokes.

Looking forward to your build.

kind regards,

Harrison.
thanks so ill go with a 600va transformer that puts out 28v+-. as for that link im not sure what that attachment on your other post means.

i do like experimenting but dont want to use much money in the process as i have to buy everything.

with that said im buying this board to use as my power supply and im wondering how i should configure the capacitors on it. would having 2 larger 10,000uf caps be better then 4 smaller 5,000-6,800uf caps. i figure having the 4 smaller would allow for faster energy when the amps need it and possible better filtration. although i may be thinking about this all backwards.

PCB-A400N1.jpg

thanks so ill go with a 600va transformer that puts out 28v+-. as for that link im not sure what that attachment on your other post means.

i do like experimenting but dont want to use much money in the process as i have to buy everything.

with that said im buying this board to use as my power supply and im wondering how i should configure the capacitors on it. would having 2 larger 10,000uf caps be better then 4 smaller 5,000-6,800uf caps. i figure having the 4 smaller would allow for faster energy when the amps need it and possible better filtration. although i may be thinking about this all backwards.

That thread refers to using line filters to keep things clean and reduce listener fatigue. Very nice board. Use the 10,000uf, will attach a link of a good sample shortly.

Hi Bob,

Went window shopping for you. You could bring down the costs by using these options.
Capacitors
You may parallel as you wish ;)
SLPX682M063E7P3 Cornell Dubilier Electronics (CDE) | 338-1651-ND | DigiKey
ECO-S1KP472CA Panasonic Electronic Components | P7372-ND | DigiKey
Transformers
1 * 800VA for stereo Antek - AN-8230
or
2 * 400VA for stereo Antek - AN-4232

thanks for the help

wow so this is going to need 2 transformers and ima have to get 2 of those blue power supply boards? this thing seems like it dose swing some power. i wasn't expecting it to be so much tho. lol

so you're accepting this layout x2 with duel 400va transformers?

powerboard.png

also i notice that on the board there is coil 1 and coil 2 whats the measurement on that?

thanks for the help

wow so this is going to need 2 transformers and ima have to get 2 of those blue power supply boards? this thing seems like it dose swing some power. i wasn't expecting it to be so much tho. lol
so you're accepting this layout x2 with duel 400va transformers?
The on amp board 33u/47u capacitors are for the amp board and are part of the amp BOM. For PSU board you could parallel 3*2 = 6 : 6800 caps on the PSU board :) . Remember to use a line filter on the incoming a/c power line.

You have various options of transformers (assuming a stereo setup and operation with either 8 ohm or 4 ohm speakers (nominal 4 ohm, 2 ohm ), total stereo either 2 ohm or 1 ohm load on transformer). That brings recommended cap size to 20,000u per rail(total 40,000uf) for stereo.
Transformer rating
300VA*2, 400VA*2, 600VA*1, 800VA*1
also i notice that on the board there is coil 1 and coil 2 whats the measurement on that?

Thats the output inductor L1 connection. Its 1uH ;) . The schematic is here http://www.harrisonaudiolabs.com/Amplifiers/1DIFFQC/1DIFFQC.pdf