1DIFFQC amplifier

Hi Toni,

Here we go. You will need to get some spice libraries from the respective manufacturers websites as they hold copy right. On-semi Fairchild etc

kind regards,

Harrison.

Dear Harrison,

thank you for providing asc files for testing. On opening it there are many missing symbols. Are you able to provide it too (except Cordell-Models.txt which are to be downloaded from Bob's homepage)?

Thx, Toni

Attachments

• bagotrix.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 101
Hi Alex. Remember this.:D Your quite the crafts man

Attachments

• 1DIFFQC.png
    1DIFFQC.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 376
  • PCB HARRISON ALL GREY.pdf
    150.4 KB · Views: 133
Progress...

Almost fully stuffed, save for the MPSW42. Local retailer didn't have that and I'm not too keen to order the two I need from my regular sources due to shipping costs. It might run the 2N5551 a little hot but is it a passable substitute? Any other suggestions for the MPSW42?

Attachments

• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 307
Hi Jason,

Beautiful.:D

The 2N5551 with some sort of heat sink will work. Try to get the MPSW42 though;). Will check for alternatives, the last time I did that was one year ago:). Might find new transistors on the market.

kind regards,

Harrison.

Almost fully stuffed, save for the MPSW42. Local retailer didn't have that and I'm not too keen to order the two I need from my regular sources due to shipping costs. It might run the 2N5551 a little hot but is it a passable substitute? Any other suggestions for the MPSW42?

Hi Jason,

Looked around for substitute. Not much has changed in the last one year concerning transistors. There were new types but the case style was more surface mount.

You could use BD139(but ensure the rail voltage does not exceed +/-40), MJE340 etc.

kind regards,

Harrison.

Service Note
The 2N5551 (with heat sink) and MPSW42 need to be checked for replacement when servicing a blown out output stage.

Well, thanks to the kindness of Harrison I now have two fully stuffed boards aside from the heat sink mounted transistors which are waiting patiently for me. I just need to decide which of my available heat sinks to use and which orientation I'd like to mount the boards in.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    910.8 KB · Views: 478
Looking forward to your review and analysis ;) .

As Evette put it :D

"The bass takes you to the center of the earth and the highs put you on cloud 9. You,ll end up listening to your whole collection of music again. If You built anything in life please put this amp on top of your list.
This amp can really swing the current. "

kind regards,

Harrison.

Well, thanks to the kindness of Harrison I now have two fully stuffed boards aside from the heat sink mounted transistors which are waiting patiently for me. I just need to decide which of my available heat sinks to use and which orientation I'd like to mount the boards in.