Fourier.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 542
  • P3.png
    P3.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 597
  • P4.png
    P4.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 586
Long time Joe, the amps are simple as possible and as such serve as a baseline for all hot shots to measure how well their designs are doing against the 'standard'. As you see human resolution doesn’t necessarily agree with instrument resolution, there’s a point where human resolution simply flattens out. What separates amps is their behavior as they approach clipping, what shenanigans are going on within the amplifier, power supply, the speaker and the room ;) thats why I normally like to receive feedback on how, well these base design are fairing, also our tastes change with age, today you like this pizza tomorrow the other, but you never know till you taste

:)Hello mr harrison, I know it,s been a while sorry for not giving you feedback sooner..I agree with what you have stated I would like to add a few cavects to your comments. When I listen to music I like to hear the music as if I was in the room with the performers,,yes I like it in my chest. Also everyone of your amps that i,ve built i,ve modified by making a regulated suppy for the front end only,then I split the driver stage with a higher supply, and the output stage gets an even higher supply.. until I,ve got a JBL T curit.. And then your amps sound as if I,m in heaven..When I listen to female singers and male singers
WOW their in the room with me..esp,,on guitar. What a delite..So please keep up the great work I,m sure everyone else is waiting for your latest.:wave2::)
joe

Thanks Dexter

The MPSA42 is likely to fail you under some events,please try new version. Please check out revision 1 BOM at onaudio.herokuapp.com

TO220 offers lower wattage

Good luck and let me know how it goes

kind regards

Harrison.

Hi Harrison,
Greetings.
I'm interested in building your amp.
However I need to ask you first about some parts
Can I use MPSA42 for MPSAW42?
Can I use TIP142 in to220 form factor?

thank you in advance.

Happy holidays. The 11th anniversary video for 1DIFFQC will be out before end of year. Amplifiers are like pizza you cant tell how it will taste till you eat it. Once you get the ingredients right for that type of pizza it should be just fine. Same applies for amplifiers, you have to get the mix right for that topology.

The 1DIFFQC type S amplifier. What are the tradeoffs in the pursuit of lower THD numbers, can you ever have it all? What has adding one more decimal place from 0.04% to 0.001% done to the overall sound signature? One thing that is clear is that the type S has better tolerance for crossover distortion and thus can be biased lower that 100mA, what this means and whether we moved meat from one section and put it in another section or we just added overall heft is something to watch out for.
THD
0.004% 1watt
0.001% full power
1diffqctypesPCB.png

Last edited:
Despite possessing the 1DIFFQC, do you feel as though there may be anything else? There are a number of amplifiers, such as the 1DIFFQC, the LM3886, the STK4040V, the Naim Nap250, the Azur 840A, and a plethora of others, that could compete on an equal footing. And what is the 1DIFFQC's trade secret? But you sense that you desire more. You have the 1DIFFSYM2QC type S if you choose to use steroids, however. The 1DIFFQC type S is available, though, if you prefer the NOS route.