100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

dc offset

first of all if you have a problem with dc offset first thing you should check is the differential transistor and the current sources and tail current.the potentiometer is responsible for dc bias if you change value you will have problem with getting the ideal bias voltage.compare my schematics with apex .when my schematic is wrong my layout also.check also resistor value and capacitor polarity.check polarity of c6 and compare to apex schematic.i think eventhough its wrong polarity it will not cause trouble.i dont have apex schematics right now so i cannot compare. And also make sure the gnd is connected to chassis along with the power supply gnd.

Just finished putting together AX17 as per post 1248. Replaced R13 with 2k pot to adjust DC offset to 0V. It works but for some reason can't adjust bias above 13ma (130mV across 10R instead of fuses) and Vbe on BD139 only 0.66V??? Checked everything twice and can't figure it out. Any ideas?
What the resistor value you use on the base-colector of VBE?
I was have same problem, maybe you can try this
Replace R21 (1k) with 1,2k or 1,5k and you can set 15mV across 0,33R.
I use 1k2 & working :) :)
R22(base-emiter) on my AX17 is 220R & I bypass P1(bias) for 100mA bias :D:D

With that higher resistor value you can easily get more bias on output

Regards

Last edited:
I use PCB from post 1023, that was "hand made" PCB...
& there is little mistake on that PCB...
attachment post 1140 is the correct lay out.
You must use ExpressPCB to open the file.
"there is AX 17 TO.gif & not matched to the .pcb file"
that my false, I'm sorry to make confuse any other.

I will post picture of AX17 when I fix it C6 & I will use SanKen at output

Regards

Last edited:
Lookin´ really good,how does it soud? If it is like NX or simmilar than you have a plenty of power that sounds really good! Yesterday for the first time i have pushed it to the limit and it reached 100W into 8Ohm speakers just like that! No hearing sound distorsion,i wouldn´t know that it was at that power if there was no clip-indication from APEX PSU clip+protection. As i understood it blinks when voltage at speaker reaches PSU - 6V. The PSU voltage is +/- 50.5 V (APEX PSU10) so the Vp was 44V...just like that! With IRFP20 in output it has a little bit more power,but when you cross over 60W than the power is not important,just the sound.

Great job DAMANHURI! ;)

Last edited:
Hi! Sir Apex,

It's been a while guess I have lost track of the progress in this thread...:(:D
Actually I have been keeping these files for my future DIY project and I guess it's about time...will these pair of circuit work effectively? (below image)

However I may have a problem acquiring BC517, any sub for this transistors?
Also what could be the safe value for T5A (thermistor) in the soft start.?
I assume the protect terminal of the amp connects to the protect terminal of the PSU? Kindly clarify would there be any component changes on both circuit. I will be using +/-50vdc rated at 500w.

Guess I have asked too much :)

Regards!

Attachments

• AX-xx.jpg
    AX-xx.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 2,711
  • APEX HV350 PSU.jpg
    APEX HV350 PSU.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 2,350