100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hi maxwell007,
your preamp must be divided in two parts - one with transformer and power supply PCB, and another with preamp PCB.
If you made power inlet at left side of enclosure, it means that transformer, PSU PCB and power switch must be also at left side.
Right side of enslosure should be for preamp PCB and input/output jacks.
With such organization of preamp you will avoid 230V leads next to input jacks or transformer next to output jacks.
Look at post #4969. I made simple and cheap twisted pairs wiring and have no hum at all.
Best regards

A2.1

Attachments

• APEX A2.1.jpg
    APEX A2.1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 1,087
  • Apexaudio A2 (1).asc
    7.2 KB · Views: 123
I have been playing around trying to learn how to do layouts. Please take a look and see if this will work for the A2. I designed it for the TL072.

Thanks, Terry

Terry that look good man only just make the annular ring outer diameter a bit larger if you can try 2.5 mm if possible, the hole inner diameter about 0.70 mm see image example

:) nice man ! I'm glad you are put hand on layouts it is my favorite hobby of all :smash:

Regards
Juanhttp://www.diyaudio.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Attachments

• pads.JPG
    pads.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 933
Last edited:

Attachments

• A2 PHOTO.jpg
    A2 PHOTO.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 854
Stereo protect with solid state relays.

Terry that look good man only just make the annular ring outer diameter a bit larger if you can try 2.5 mm if possible, the hole inner diameter about 0.70 mm see image example

:) nice man ! I'm glad you are put hand on layouts it is my favorite hobby of all :smash:

Regards
Juanhttp://www.diyaudio.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/
it is my favorite hobby of all
If it is so,make a pcb for this amplifier protection:)

Terry, The layout has issues. Whilst I probably won't make one, what grabbed my attention are several long parallel tracks. I hate them for a number of reasons.
But you have the two zener diodes D4 & D5 shorting out each other.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for looking it over. I see the short and will fix it. I can probably slide the IC to the right some and shorten the parallel traces. I don't see how rotating R11 will remove the wire link.

The -IN is sensitive to pick up.
Keep it's resistor very close to the -IN pin.
Which resistor are you talking about? Part number please?

Thanks, Terry