100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

If you have 0V across the 0R33 resistors then you have no bias. Difficult to achieve without a trimmer on the VBE multiplier. I temporarily installed a 5k trimmer in place of the 4k7 resistor so I could adjust the bias. Then I measured the trimmer and installed the closest value resistor. In my case it was a 3k9. However, I built mine per the attached schematic. You used different transistors so you will likely end up with a different value.

It is possible that your offset may improve if you can get the bias up where it belongs.

There are not too many transistors. Maybe you could post the voltages you are getting. That would help us help you.

Blessings, Terry

Attachments

• Apex AX11SCH Changes.jpg
    Apex AX11SCH Changes.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 1,228
  • AX11 finished.jpg
    AX11 finished.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 1,204
I not sure how it would behave in such a situation but I'm suprised by the damage it suffered. Have you managed to get the boards working now?

No where i live its a total pain getting semis and they are expensive. I am just going to look around for some outputs. I think the other channels outputs are not dead, but it still has the same problem as one with dead outputs before it lost its outputs if that makes sense:) So the other channel exhibits these symptoms:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...imate-fidelity-amplifier-103.html#post4377943

Hi, I started with the VX120 because I wanted to build a hybrid amplifier. The part with the tube I have separated from the amplifier. Comes next. The transistor amplifier running with +- 50V, 40mA bias, sine wave looks good, gain is 30.
Unfortunately, I have -1V offset.

Can anyone give a hint where I start with the adjustment?

Regards Olaf

Nice work, use 1k resistor in series with 1k pot instead 1k5 and set DC offset,
Regards

If you have 0V across the 0R33 resistors then you have no bias. Difficult to achieve without a trimmer on the VBE multiplier. I temporarily installed a 5k trimmer in place of the 4k7 resistor so I could adjust the bias. Then I measured the trimmer and installed the closest value resistor. In my case it was a 3k9. However, I built mine per the attached schematic. You used different transistors so you will likely end up with a different value.

It is possible that your offset may improve if you can get the bias up where it belongs.

There are not too many transistors. Maybe you could post the voltages you are getting. That would help us help you.

Blessings, Terry

I make AX11 simulation and modified it.

Attachments

• AX11modbybimo.asc
    11.5 KB · Views: 191

Blessings, Terry

Terry,See attached for Voltages. ALL ref: to GND. Looks like i blew up another transistor i guess. I will get back to it in a couple days as i have eye surgery scheduled for tomorrow. Thanks to All
Rick

Attachments

• Apex AX11SCH.jpg
    Apex AX11SCH.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 1,158
Layout A2

Hi, here is the layout for the A2. Would be nice if someone could check again. The layout is based on the circuit of post #5194. The Sprint-File is also uploaded.
I am very curious.

regards Olaf

Attachments

• A2 Component V0.1.JPG
    A2 Component V0.1.JPG
    688.5 KB · Views: 1,005
  • A2.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 220
  • apex-a2_2.jpg
    apex-a2_2.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 955