100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Am I missing something? It is called an fet preamp but it is all bjt.

Maybe he forgot to change the name because I also have the FET schematic

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• APEX FET PREAMP.jpg
    APEX FET PREAMP.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 3,364
PDF for this PCB. Thank You Sir.

I'm going to be honest, I'm not an expert or circuit designer :) I only try to do my best way possible I will leave the files here it came out too big but is better because the traces are a bit thicker than what I usually do that is 1.5 mm this are 1.75 to 1.80 mm I have already simulated and it came out 1.5Vp on the output please if some one see an error let me know :cool:

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• APEX BJT PREAMP components.pdf
    69 KB · Views: 729
  • APEX BJT PREAMP foil.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 646
  • simulation 2015.PNG
    simulation 2015.PNG
    191.3 KB · Views: 1,530
  • Apex A33 simulation 2 6 pair an.pdf
    90.2 KB · Views: 479
I'm going to be honest, I'm not an expert or circuit designer :) I only try to do my best way possible I will leave the files here it came out too big but is better because the traces are a bit thicker than what I usually do that is 1.5 mm this are 1.75 to 1.80 mm I have already simulated and it came out 1.5Vp on the output please if some one see an error let me know :cool:

Regards
Juan

What is size of pcb?

What is size of pcb?

is quite large mister Mile, is 289 mm x 99.5 mm I just make a fast PCB because my layout are sometimes too small I mean on the traces thickness

a common A4 paper sizes is 297 mm x 210 mm maybe I might split the PCB and have separate power supply and preamp separate, you think might be better like that ? :)

About the A33, today I was checking the simulation of A33 an I have to change only one of the resistors that is controlling the bias R35 from 1K to 470R so now I can get about 30mA = 10 mV reading from one of the emitter resistors,

question, 30mA will be ok to have it set the standby current ?

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• R35 from 1K to 470R.PNG
    R35 from 1K to 470R.PNG
    404.4 KB · Views: 1,290
  • bias 10mV 30mA.PNG
    bias 10mV 30mA.PNG
    194.9 KB · Views: 1,305
  • layout sizes.jpg
    layout sizes.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 1,448
Last edited:
is quite large mister Mile, is 289 mm x 99.5 mm I just make a fast PCB because my layout are sometimes too small I mean on the traces thickness

a common A4 paper sizes is 297 mm x 210 mm maybe I might split the PCB and have separate power supply and preamp separate, you think might be better like that ? :)

About the A33, today I was checking the simulation of A33 an I have to change only one of the resistors that is controlling the bias R35 from 1K to 470R so now I can get about 30mA = 10 mV reading from one of the emitter resistors,

question, 30mA will be ok to have it set the standby current ?

Regards
Juan

30mA is OK
Regards

Board Size

Regards
Juan

I think if you split it, could it be 140mm X 99.5.? That way it fits on an 8" X 11" (203.2 X 279.4) PCB, and we can get Both boards from 1 PCB.:D

Hello last post of the day :)

seen now that the bias is set correctly now in simulation from software the I check the square wave to see how it looks now and there is a nice curve on the top at 20KHz and 30KHz, and with sine wave simulation at low volume example 5W of audio "example" the THD is 0.001% of course this is only simulation :rolleyes:, I hope all goes smoothly after I order a few PCB to test, I already change R35 to 470R instead of 1K, the trim pot I changed to 1K I'm confidence that this will be a great build for this topology that is unique :up::)

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• 1KHz.PNG
    1KHz.PNG
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,570
  • 20KHz.PNG
    20KHz.PNG
    188.5 KB · Views: 1,391
  • 30KHz.PNG
    30KHz.PNG
    175.5 KB · Views: 1,313
  • A33 R35 to 470Rs.jpg
    A33 R35 to 470Rs.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 1,504
Hello last post of the day :)

seen now that the bias is set correctly now in simulation from software the I check the square wave to see how it looks now and there is a nice curve on the top at 20KHz and 30KHz, and with sine wave simulation at low volume example 5W of audio "example" the THD is 0.001% of course this is only simulation :rolleyes:, I hope all goes smoothly after I order a few PCB to test, I already change R35 to 470R instead of 1K, the trim pot I changed to 1K I'm confidence that this will be a great build for this topology that is unique :up::)

Regards
Juan

Nice simulation
Regards

Today I mounted the boards on heatsinks so I could give them a good test. The amp sounds very good but the thermal compensation is not affective. The hotter the amp gets the higher the bias goes. Something need to change there. As I said before, the scale is a little small so the devices are pretty tight together but I would think that would make the comp sensors more affective. The other thing is thebias is very unstable. As the amp heats up the offset can climb pretty high.
Hallo @still4given, the problems with bias and offset are resolved? Thank you.http://ro-en.gsp.ro/index.php?d=e&q=Thank+you!

good work,when the test pcb ???

Hello sir yes the PCB is completed and by next month I will order just a few for testing let say even if I order new PCB they will be call it "prototype" for now, if all goes well I let you know guys this is my first two layout PCB and it does take more time, like I say I'm gonna risk my own money if all goes wrong it will be me that will have the error and not you guys that is way I did not share the files for now if all goes well, I will share file but please only for personal use :)

Regards
Juan

Hello guys I just want to show the second board of the AX-14 sorry I made this video to show it to my friends in Puerto Rico and is in Spanish, I was saying that the second board is completed and what I need is the power transistors and a heat sink also that the PCB fit into my hand jejejejeje :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ-iXuTNuJE&list=UUEV_-UcnVM-o3KnQe6nemTQ

Regards
Juan