100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Add 22pF on A40 if there is any instability like on A33 made by Terry.

Attachments

• APEX A40.JPG
    APEX A40.JPG
    625.5 KB · Views: 1,831
Yes mister pranavkr the top toroidal is 330VA and 35V-0-35V it give me about 53V DC after rectification and filtering the lower toroidal is just 17 -0- 17V and it give me after rectification and filtering about 24V DC and yes you can even used with lower supply rails, I know my AX-14T is dusty I use it all the time I don't mind about the case chassis :D jejejejeje just got to play a little bit with the bias :) note maximum rail voltage for AX-14 is 55V

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• 330VA.jpg
    330VA.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 1,531
Why you want to use +/-20V? I sugest some class A amp like AA11 if you alredy have +/-20V PSU.
Regards

I want to use +-20v because i already have a big +-20v power supply.As you know this is the most expensive part in an amplifier.
AA11 like AX11 but in class A.
BTW is it possible to modify the triac protection for this (+-20v)Power supply?
Thanks for reply:)

Last edited:
Hi all, back from from winter holiday, i submit you my latest run on A33 rooting job. Pay attention it's not tested. If some of you could spend a little time on proofing PCB V/S schematic. I spend to much time on rooting job to see anything up to time

Marc

Attachments

• A33_brd_name.png
    A33_brd_name.png
    191 KB · Views: 1,277
  • A33_brd_value.png
    A33_brd_value.png
    196 KB · Views: 1,180
  • A33_brd_bottom.png
    A33_brd_bottom.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 360
  • A33_brd_top.png
    A33_brd_top.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 346
  • index.png
    index.png
    847.6 KB · Views: 363
  • index2.png
    index2.png
    458.4 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
I got my A40 working. I had a bit of a struggle because when I printed out the toner files I forgot to uncheck the fit to page box so the scale was reduced. I had to fight to get all the drivers to fit next to each other on the heatsink and of course, everything is tight. However, it all fit on a 4"x6" board. Now for the good part. This amp has the prettiest square waves I've seen on any amp I've built. Not sure the reason but they are really, really sharp. I'll post some pictures when I get home from church. I've only had a short time to listen to it but so far it sounds lovely. I do have a little hum to sort out but that is probably just a wiring issue.

Blessings, Terry