100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

New amp

My favorite amp is any new amp :)
Regards

Hi,
I've been avidly reading the thread from all the way back to the beginning (it took many hours).
I've been aching to build an amp lately and I have some project ideas in mind, however that AX11 might be something I will attempt to build shortly, because I have some parts on hand that could be used for it and it wouldn't cost me a lot.

All this before getting into my project that I have in mind for a new amp.

What I'd like to see in that new amp is a complete symmetry from end to end, with two differential input stages, with their current source and mirrors, possibly cascoded so lower noise transistors could be used there.
Perhaps the class H might be a good thing to have, and keep it all bjt, except perhaps mosfets for the class h part.
I was thinking a good thing would be a regulated supply would be better than the simple resistors between the V+/- and the input stages, hopefully isolating the input more from the main supply ripples.

One other thing I definitely want to have is a symetric input, possibly without adding extra circuit to make it symetric, since the differential stages are symetric to beging with.

I want to make a nice 4 way active crossover, not with a central sub but with full 4 ways stereo.

I would build each channel as separate amps, nothing in common, in separate boxes as mono amps and those would go as close as possible to the speakers, without any passive crossovers and other passive components, with the shortest cabling from the amps output to the speakers themselves.

Then of course the linkage from the active crossovers to the amps would be rather long, but that's where the symetric scheme comes to play...

I have a mix table as a main source, so with a symetric output from the mix table, staying symetric all the way to the amps is nice.

Just like some dj setups are often, there may be 10, 15, 20 meters or more between the mix table and the amps and speakers, and running that length on power cables from the amps to the speakers is a bad idea to me.

So this can perhaps start a new thread, using the AX14 or AX20 as a starting point, but then that would quickly morph into some totally "NEW AMP" and completely in the spirit of pursuing higher and higher "fidelity" (ultimate).

What do you think???

Cheers,

I would think the ordinary 1N4004 would do there...
I managed to get BA159, i hope it will be adequate... i cant seem to post pictures, how do i post pictures. i want to show off the board i built hahaha

Attachments

• PhotoChooser-3487cbd7-6249-47e3-9bce-9aa76b0234f6.jpg
    PhotoChooser-3487cbd7-6249-47e3-9bce-9aa76b0234f6.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 1,849
First build

Good day

I would like to try my hand at building an amp for home use and happened on this knowledgeable thread.
I am slightly bewildered by the amount of fast paced info flying round here and would love some guidance please.

Are the attached plans working and updated?
Regards

Attachments

• APEX AX11 PSU Ver.2.0 Gray.pdf
    80 KB · Views: 676
  • APEX AX11 TO3 raspored.pdf
    68.1 KB · Views: 630
  • APEX AX11 TO3.pdf
    56.4 KB · Views: 552
  • APEX AX11 PSU Ver.2.0 PCB.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 476