• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ZOUDIO AIO4CH: 4-channel amplifier with DSP and Bluetooth

The problem with this amp, it.s just analogue.
Noise if you use windows as volume.
I returned it long agoe.
Goe digital.
The BT input works quite well, then you have digital.
I still think that for the money it is an excellent product.

I have bought 3 of the original version, works quite well in its intended application.

Reactions: 2 users
The BT input works quite well, then you have digital.
I still think that for the money it is an excellent product.

I have bought 3 of the original version, works quite well in its intended application.
Yeah but BT has a big latency (no good for watching movies) and it rarely can use apt-x because not many devices support it...also for live applications you can forget about BT. I like the amp in general and also gave good feedback but lately lutkeveld is just a disappointment. Implement the features you mention on the product page and check if they work. Otherwise remove them, partially refund all the early adopters that thought they were supported. And at least answer your mails until your homework is done.

By the way, is it not possible to use a spdif receiver via i2s?
One has to wonder, if within those USB connectable to PC mixers, there hides a stereo I2S signal that happens to be the sum of all the input channels. Given I have no idea of how such a thing is designed; as you choose in software what channels as input and output, I doubt that would just happen to be there.

Mixer -> PC USB input - > PC USB output -> USB to I2S board -> Zoudio - Probably back to the discernible delay issue going through the PC.

Why would you go back and forth like that?
It'd be great if you could just plug the USB port on the audio mixer into a USB to I2S card and have it output the "main" mix of the level controls, but methinks it doesnt work like that. I've never seen an audio mixer with a SPDIF or optical as an option to the main analog outs. Maybe they have had them for years and I'm just far, far behind.

If I'm even on the same page, arent we talking about possibly using this amp for "live" sound, where a delay is objectionable, while for "recorded" sound, who cares if sound comes out 250 ms after pressing play?

I think perhaps it was for video purposes, though in that case there should be no problem compensating for the delay in settings.
If it is not for video then gaming is a likely scenario in which a i2s interface would solve the issue.
I am struggling with the concept of using this thing for a band or live performance, perhaps as a street musician, but the noise in surroundings would easily drown out the reduced resolution of the analog interface.

Edit:
My UR28M has digital out.

Last edited:
I am struggling with the concept of using this thing for a band or live performance, perhaps as a street musician, but the noise in surroundings would easily drown out the reduced resolution of the analog interface.
S/PDIF to I2S isnt an easy find doing a casual search. Of course, an available I2S to S/PDIF board shows up, but it doesnt work the other way around.

I did connect mine one time using the analog in from my Behringer mixer, just a bedroom jam and I was surprised at the clarity from 12 bit analog (or whatever it is) on the OLD boards; the new ones are 16 I believe. 'Ol Iron Ears, I guess...

Ohh, thats a pity - I think a limiter is probably needed for a small "PA-system"...

//
Programming the registers is indeed quite straight forward. The problem is more in the user interface I would need to build to program this. So unfortunately this will not be intergrated into the configtool.

Hey guys, just pasted my last response to Jesse (lutkeveld) here
EQ and TWS are indeed two functions that are currently not implemented like I wanted them to be. TWS is mainly due to Qualcomm guarding a lot of their firmware and making it impossible to release something that functions properly. The EQ button is within my control, I just need to take the time to export the proper firmware which enables this. My apologies for not responding to your email earlier. I have two other customers awaiting this feature as well. Will dedicate some time to it early next week so I can send you the firmware. Again, sorry for the wait.
I sincerely doubt this is the only job @lutkeveld has
This is indeed something I do beside my dayjob, but that does not take away from wanting to deliver a good product. All core features of the amp, dsp and BT are, as far as I am aware, implemented properly. It's mainly the EQ and TWS button that are currently lacking as mentioned above.

@KaffiMann @jjasniew SPDIF via I2S is indeed possible if you send the "BT disable" command via the configtool. Otherwise I2S of the BT module will clash with the external I2S. The board actually registers itself as a USB audio device if you plug it in, but Qualcomm makes it impossible with their firmware to properly enable this.

Reactions: 1 users
Otherwise I2S of the BT module will clash with the external I2S.
I have the old boards so it's just a jumper on them to switch modes. I have a physical switch on one enclosure for this. So too bad about Qualcomm; probably have to be Apple or Sony or Samsung to get a firmware version with that USB enable set out of them.

As I've mentioned before, there's probably at least some customers who want to use this for home HiFi, always going in via I2S. I bet you could make a version for that, simply w/o the Qualcomm BT chip populated. Unless that now holds the I2C register programming that makes the amps work!

That said, I have to admit I do enjoy the convenience of the BT connection from time to time. Why? Because it's such a hassle in comparison to boot Windows, compared to my iPhone - when all I want is a little background music during lunch.

Reactions: 1 user