• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Universal Buffer achieving -140 dBc (0.00001 %) THD

It is getting hilarious. Mike's personalities multiplying.
It will end that they will open their own sub-forum, all chatting with each other.
I just do not understand how come that fake dutchmen is still around. (contributing all night long, like all of us europeans "are doing it", like at 4 am)

Best wishes to all of Yourselves, dear Mikes!

(I have not had so much fun since the good times of Fred)

It will end that they will open their own sub-forum, all chatting with each other.
I just do not understand how come that fake dutchmen is still around. (contributing all night long, like all of us europeans "are doing it", like at 4 am)

Best wishes to all of Yourselves, dear Mikes!

(I have not had so much fun since the good times of Fred)

Well you know what they say. The early bird gets the worm. Anyways I'm travelling at the moment in the U.S. Is that allowed for DIYaudio members?

I’m not on LinkedIn. Not really a social media person really. I do have a Facebook that I rarely use though. Anyone can PM me and we can setup a FaceTime. You can see my Drivers license, passport, etc if it has really come down to that. Then you can compare it to The California Protons website where my picture is also posted, the AFC Riverside Urgent Care Facebook where my picture is posted, and my own personal Facebook.

(contributing all night long, like all of us europeans "are doing it", like at 4 am)

My timing will probably never be in sync with European timing. As I mentioned several times. I live in California (United States) and I am in vacation in Jamaica until Feb 6th. I can also verify this however people like. It’s absurd that you people are grinding a personal angst with Mike onto me.

I know, right?!

Here's a fun fact (ok, kinda scary, actually) for you: Individuals with dissociative personality disorder (colloquially known as "multiple personality") have, on average, 16 (sixteen!) distinct personalities. The highest ever recorded is over 100 'personalities' within one person. Of course, the minimum is two. For diagnosis, the personalities have to be completely dissociated, i.e. completely unaware of each other.

So he still has some ways to go to even get to average... :) (And since "they" are asking the same question over and over, his "multiple personalities" aren't dissociated).

I think that would be fantastic. Maybe they could buy a vendor forum and argue with each other.

maybe in the vendors forum area there should be more active moderation?

I would support that. One way to encourage that is to click on the "warning triangle" icon under the user ID on the offending posts. This one: Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.34.13.png

Yeah somebody should message the real Mr Lacombe on LinkedIn ( which is probably where Mike found his details, assuming he actually exists) and let him know that he is posting on DIYA. I’m sure he’ll be unpleasantly surprised . . .

I've considered that. Ben Lacombe has a public Facebook profile. He's a radiation therapist working at a AFC Urgent Care in Riverside, CA. I'm sure he'll be pleased to know that Mike has taken on his personality.

understood, but I care about this forum as a whole and I want it to work well.

I do too.

Tom

Well you know what they say. The early bird gets the worm. Anyways I'm travelling at the moment in the U.S. Is that allowed for DIYaudio members?

By "travel" do you mean that you're resetting your VPN settings to give you a US IP address so you can log in again and post as Ben? Just curious... DIY Audio members are allowed to be curious. Right?!

Tom

Not a troll here. Real legitimate person. If anyone takes the time to find out you can. A little disappointed with this community so far. For some reason I thought it would be a more mature experience.

Someone can ask about me on DIYMA. I use 8 UCD180 modules, 4 UCD250 modules, and 2 NC500 modules in my automotive build. Hence my interest in using the Purifi Boards where this universal buffer from Tom could be a key piece.

I just posted on my own Facebook wall: Hello DIYAudio that thinks I’m a troll?

My Facebook email is BL332@cornell.edu. You can email me there too to verify.

Attached a pic of my self and my wife (we are in Jamaica right now)

Attached a pic from California Protons where I work as a radiation therapist (someone can call the place if they want). This is ridiculous. What else do you guys want. Just tell me.

Attachments

• 6CDDA189-0801-4C0E-9E49-D093DE7C523B.jpg
    6CDDA189-0801-4C0E-9E49-D093DE7C523B.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 530
  • 7C85539D-852B-44A5-9C67-212C76B11A1A.jpg
    7C85539D-852B-44A5-9C67-212C76B11A1A.jpg
    816.5 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
Hm. I have almost gave in, because You are doing something convincing.
So, putting forward my humble excuse for mine/ our behaviour in case I am mistaken.
I went to look up Your contributions. And I have found this, in that car thread. You had been asked about the lack of controls on the amplifiers You are hm, publicising there with a nice swung there. Maybe You could give us some explanations, put it in context.
I think I don't have to explain too much to the other people here. Most of us now the style of Mike, and his fixations just too well..

""
Audiophile straight amp with no XO, or gain pot stage, to contaminate the sound in any way.

They can set the input voltage to whatever your headunit or DSP output voltage is. To ensure you get the amp powered to full tilt. (It can be changed just has to be sent in to them to do so). Don’t forget there is a lifetime warranty.

But nowadays with DSP’s in the mix. a gain nob isn’t quite necessary. Individual channel gain can be adjusted via DSP instead. ""

I migrated toward this site from DIYMA due to my fascination with the Hypex modules and how conducive they are to being implemented into the car audio setting as powerful yet compact amplifiers. Yet to this day the only company I have found to be building Hypex amps for 12v automotive power is Biketronics. If you you hit up Biketronics Inc you will be greeted by a lady named Donna who handles their phone calls. If you mention “Ben from Diyma forum” she’ll know what your referring too. I have been helping them cater to the car audio scene as their primary focus is Harely Davidson OEM integration. So I have been convincing them to tailor input voltages of their amp offerings towards car audio DSP’s. For instance in my car audio build I use a multi channel DSP (Helix DSP Pro mk2) which has 8v preouts. So I have been close with the owner of the company who’s’ name is Mike Meehan (yes extremely ironic but true). He and I have had various chats about the amplifier design and evolution. His most recent offering is the NC2500 which uses 2 NC500OEM modules.

He and I have recently been discussing using the Purifi boards for the next amp. As well as trying to implement the new woofers in a mobile setting. Very curious to hear what the purifi boards have to offer in comparison.

The entire full context is here:
Attention Required! | Cloudflare

The only way I can verify that I am the same person is showing once again my pic next to the same vehicle and build found in the forum here:
anyone using Hypex boards in a car amp ?

I was hoping that by reviving the old thread I would encounter other people or companies building similar offerings. But I will do a verification for everyone to see on Feb 6th when I arrive back home.:confused:

Last edited: