• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

No, the Lyngdorf is not connected to the USBridge.
It is fed directly via CAT cable from my router.

I think, there seems something wrong with the connections within the USBridge.
Maybe the Ethernet port or USB port were it seems to generate a spark and/or looses connection for a short time.

@ndemw

Do not assume anything, isolate the core devices and start afresh in order to demonstrate without doubt that the USBridge is failing intermittently...

Well, I think I'm not assuming, since I have systematically checked all different setups to identify the faulty unit/device:

1.)Streaming Qobuz with same software (mconnect / MBP Audirvana) over same network setup with same cabling to USBridge and Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 showed no problem at all with Lyngdorf, but with USBridge.

2.) Reseted USBridge OS with new downloaded moOde OS 6.7.1 image on new SD card: no difference

3.) Changed USB cables from USBridge to DAC - no difference, problem still occurs.

4.) Used MBP USB out directly to my DAC with same USB cable - no issue, so DAC and USB cable ok.

This is, why my conclusion is, the USBridge hardware itself has the problem.

Anyhow, my original question, what could cause such a problem, is still not answered. I hoped I could get a professional answer here.

1.) Could it be bad connection at ethernet port /or USB connector?
2.) Could it be grounding issue in Shanti / and/or USbridge?
3.) Could it be a known weakness on the USBridge pcb board?
4.) Have other owners experienced same issue or does cdsgames know of such issues?

Well, I'm still within the warranty period and cdsgames proposed to get it replaced, which may be the best thing to do.
But still it would be good to understand, why things are happening, to avoid same issue happening in 8 month again.

Thx.

Happy new year to everybody! I am currently working on redoing the power supply for a music server. I already have a good solution for the motherboard but still need one for the JCAT card. I do have a Nirvana at home. As anyone tried to power a JCAT card using the Nirvana? And the results?

Boss2 , should be in stock in 10 days or less.

AMP is delayed , we expect the new PCB at end of Jan. 24H after I will post the new test data.

Yes LLC SMPS for each channel sold in a ALU box

We might release as PCB only for DIY where you can buy only one SMPS (275W continuous ) for 2 channels

Have you evaluated the Amp in this configuration, 2 channel stereo ? How does performance compare to the mono blocks.

The only evaluation was by AP and Spectrum analyzer . We do see some lesser specs but nothing too dramatic . Still be aware that since we are using aircore inductors , keep the 2 modules at least 15cm apart (will give more details on it once we release)

Does the aluminum case have an effect on the inductance of the aircores, and have you tested the cased boards?