• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Allo Shanti

My history with th Allo equipment

24th July - allo Boss DAC stopped working. Also reported that the power supply, while it was still working the lights were going off almost immediately whereas previously they stayed on for a while after switching it off at the mains switch. Power is separate to rp and Boss and jumper is removed.

Email sent to ALLO for support

28th July Allo asked that I send it back to max2Play. They only asked for the BOSS to be returned and never mentioned the Shanti.

28th July Contacted Max2Play and they asked me to send back both the Boss and the Shanti

29th July shipped to Max2Play at a cost of £27

6th August Max2Play checked both items and agreed to replace both

26th August Max2Play received replacement items from ALLO

1st Sept received new power supply and Boss Dac.

Plugged it together and everything worked. Lights on power supply remained on for over a minute when power was switched off.

12th Sept Noticed that the Rp 3 power lights were going off immediately after the power supply was switched off while the Boss supply lights were staying on for over a minute.

My Question is how long should the capacitors keep the supply lights going powering a rp 3. A linear power supply with a lot of capacitance should I would have thought keep it going for a fair time.

............................. snip .....................................

12th Sept Noticed that the Rp 3 power lights were going off immediately after the power supply was switched off while the Boss supply lights were staying on for over a minute.

My Question is how long should the capacitors keep the supply lights going powering a rp 3. A linear power supply with a lot of capacitance should I would have thought keep it going for a fair time.

Allo Shanti is NOT an uninterruptible power supply or backup power supply... probably the BOSS DAC is showing 'ON' a few more seconds because of the inbuilt supercapacitor...

100 tests minimum..

1khz, 5w
Thd+n - 101
Thd 0.00025
6.67 kHz, 5w
Thd+n 0.0025, thd 0.0023

All this data is with katana as a source, I have ordered Viktor ultralow distortion oscillators to get a true reading ( rated at - 140)

Further, I am confident, that I can improve this numbers. I will not beat Benchmark amp but will be very close to purifi amps.

Remember, unlike anyone, those numbers are not achieved with massive feedback but rather with exelency on plain old analog design. This amp has no distortion because of the way we designed. Many people liked our volt +, even though tpa3116 is nowhere as good as Tpa3255. The same philosophy was applied to this new amp and we improved on every aspect... Right now I think that output noise is close to 26uv that's more than 8db better than Ti engineers. I have a goal of 10db...or more

Remember, unlike anyone, those numbers are not achieved with massive feedback but rather with exelency on plain old analog design. This amp has no distortion because of the way we designed. Many people liked our volt +, even though tpa3116 is nowhere as good as Tpa3255. The same philosophy was applied to this new amp and we improved on every aspect... Right now I think that output noise is close to 26uv that's more than 8db better than Ti engineers. I have a goal of 10db...or more

Sounds.. extremely interesting!

Further, I am confident, that I can improve this numbers. I will not beat Benchmark amp but will be very close to purifi amps.

While as a performance-fixated software developer I understand Your passion for achieving better numbers, in a broader perspective this won't have any significant meaning. THD+N 0.0025 @6.67kHz translates to -92dB SINAD. Under normal listening conditions it is enough for not being able to tell a difference VS better measuring amps in blind tests. Because it won't be the best, no marketing spotlight for this meaningless 0.1 SINAD better.

Currently on the market there are exactly 0 high quality amps available that meet these criteria: globally affordable, finished, not a second-hand equipment.

Other things as included reliable PSU that doesn't degredate performance and without noisy fan, RCA+XLR connectivity or compact size are significant bonuses as well.

I don't see a problem with performance among amps because the expensive ones do perform. There is just no middle ground between regular $100 amps with -60 SINAD that generate very audible noise when at arm's length and die in a couple of months and the top tier amps as Benchmark. Any performance gains are at the cost of the device looking like a PC from 80s or being a plain board.

Taisho ,

what you say is true. However I measure deeper than THD+N (one parameter is noise on the output at 600Khz)

I am still able to reduce not only THD but also noise on the board (hi frequency ). As long as I can do that , I will work on reducing THD.

At last , there is one aspect that I am also mindful and thats simply to be able to give the best AMP (for the money). Yes I understand for the form factor ..

Today tests.
6.67Khz 5W 8R THD at 0.001

I am still testing , but my new DAC for RPI has passed all tests. Driver is still under test.

This is an updated Super BOSS (2 gen) with new Cirrus DAC ic. I get THD+N of -112 (and amazing jitter) with very low out of band noise. I will post all data next week.
As usualy price (in Boss tradition) will be in line with BOM and rather low.

I have been listening to it for past month.