Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th June 2019, 07:02 PM   #121
matthiasw is offline matthiasw  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutk View Post
@matthiasw, I'm sincerely curious: what benefit do you see in the 'wait' option? cdsgames seems to have completed design and most of validation on USBridge Sig based on CM3 while CM4 is a collection of neurons in the RPi team's head... They don't even know if they want to pursue it, let alone the timeline or implementation/compatibility. Seems impractical to put existing design and willing customers aside, no?
You are right, I am just curious about compatibility.

Matt
Old 25th June 2019, 06:36 AM   #122
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14 View Post
Announcement of RPi 4 today, press release indicates they are considering whether to produce the corresponding compute module. What are the implications for the usbridge? New Pi has 1,2 or 4Gb RAM and faster processor, improved usb 2/3 ports & ethernet.

Hi

yes I know about the RPI4 and one unit will be under testing shortly

From what I know from previous generations...every time a faster and more power hungry CPU comes out, the noise floor is raised .

Second, between a new RPI and a CM launch there is a delay from 3-8

months

Third , software wise it might take some time to figure all the bugs out

Forth and most important. The new Usbridge is made for audio, We are already achieving 330Mbs . more than enough for DSD 1024
I understand the need for latest and fastest...but , again, for audio we have plenty of horsepower and bandwidth.

Our Usbridge Sig/Audiophile SBC is going full ahead
Old 25th June 2019, 06:39 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthiasw View Post
You are right, I am just curious about compatibility.

Matt

Previous generations of CM were made compatible witth eachother...but frankly until I see the schematic I cannot guarantee it .

What I do see its USB3 and a USB 2 inputs (usb 3 input was not available on the previous CM)
Old 25th June 2019, 12:08 PM   #124
chris14 is offline chris14
diyAudio Member

I agree, with the configuration you have described for usbridge utilizing the compute module CM3+ you have taken care of usb/ethernet & i/o and many of the weaknesses of the Pi. The only area where the 4 wins out is the 2 or 4 Gb of ddr4 RAM, which should impact performance. I'm sure if CM4 is developed it should be backwards compatible and hopefully a potential upgrade path. It would be interesting to evaluate benefits of the Pi4 with Digione/Katana etc., if there is an advantage it should be an easy upgrade path for users.
Whatever the outcome we know that power supplies are a critical component of overall performance so we are eagerly waiting on Shanti & Nirvana.
Old 25th June 2019, 02:43 PM   #125
diyAudio Member

No doubt RPI4 is an very good SBC

Will it be a better SBC for audio compared with 3B or 3B+ ?

No. (but most likely you will get DSD 512 out of it)

I measured 3A , 3B and 3B+ generation of PI and each jump in speed shows a small loss of THD+N on a DAC. (boss)

However I understand the need to have the latest and "fastest" . Heck get both :-)

Seriously , RPI4 (like RPI3 before) is not meant for audio . I am pretty sure that comparisons between the USBridge Sig and RPI4 will pop up . I am also rather confident that we will win this head to head .. rather easy.

Nirvana...was delayed for at least 4 weeks.

Shanti lunch date is July 8. We will open preorders a week in advance. Mass production has begun , each unit is tested individually . Hopefully I can post pics in the next 48h (casing just landed). At 3A (3.9A on burst) it can easily power the RPI4 :-) or USBridge Sig/ Audiophile SBC
Price is 159$ (EU is slightly more+ VAT)
Old 27th June 2019, 08:20 AM   #126
diyAudio Member

Hi

as per diyaudio forums rules :

COMMERCIAL SECTOR AND VENDORS BAZAAR RULES

These rules apply to any members of our commercial sector as well as anyone promoting anything on diyAudio. Repeated violations of these rules will result in termination of your account and all your threads without hesitation.
  1. No promotion or sale of products infringing trademarks, regardless of the country of origin of the trademark.
  2. Only one thread per vendor in the Vendors Bazaar
  3. No thread "bumping" in the Vendors Bazaar

I am unable to open multiple threads for our products
Old 27th June 2019, 08:45 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

Default Nirvana updates .

The path to Nirvana in Buddhism ...is long , full of questions and wrong turns.

When achieved , it promises tranquility and understanding of truth.

At a much lower level , Nirvana SMPS , has been a titanic undertaking full of questions and wrong turns ,we were ready to give up a few times . Yet , we persevered .

What we achieved , is rather spectacular . Noise in a SMPS that equals a very good LPS. We are talking about 150nV on 0-20Khz. First reading is at 3A then 2A and 1A. Perfect for RPI4, USbridge Sig , anything really .

Note also that those test/ numbers are in real world scenario (no isolations transformers were used)

Capacitance has been increased to 9000uF on DC side (low impendance )

Attached , the latest noise figures with the new PCB. 500 PCBs have arrived today , components in stock. alu casing (waiting) but not much delay.

Please note you have a SW that will make the DC side earthed (ground earthed)

I am expecting to have them ready for sale on July 1. Pricing for the unit will be 59$ ( 59EUR + VAT in EU )

Preorders will be open 1 week in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nirvana1.pdf (613.6 KB, 102 views)
Old 27th June 2019, 09:32 AM   #128
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steklo View Post
Hi Ioan,

I'm a very happy user of DigiOne signature. Your announcements concerning Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature has thrilled me.

If I want to use it in combination with DigiOne signature, would the combo still be powered through the two power inlets of DigiOne, one for the clean side and one for the dirty side (RPi)?
Does the power demand of Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature differ in any way from a standard RPi?

Following Klaus' advices in his soundcheck blog (so many thanks for that, Klaus!) I was able to bring power consumption of the dirty side / RPi below 500 mA. That again lets me take advantage of a dual rail LPS (for both clean and dirty side) which is extremely clean but limited to max current output at about 1000 mA. The recent combo runs very well with that and sounds wonderful.

If I run the same software (piCorePlayer) with more or less the same settings on Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature, would I still be good with that mentioned LPS? Or will the power demand of Audiophile RPi / USBridge signature increase significantly compared to a standard RPi?

Best regards
Stefan

Today testing shows that USBridge draws about 550mA. So its the same, you can use your PSU.. Still note that on power on there is a spike of about 850mA for 200mS
Old 27th June 2019, 10:56 AM   #129
soundcheck is offline soundcheck  Germany
diyAudio Member

As long as the forum can't offer you a vendor subforum they should'n t
block you from opening discussions around your new products. You've been asking for it more then once if I'm not mistaken.

From what I see Allo is one of the companies most active and most appreciated by todays crowd.

Most subforums in the Manufacturer area are idling around for years.

That'd at be a shame if the forum management would act as cdsgames suggests.
Old 27th June 2019, 11:06 AM   #130
soundcheck is offline soundcheck  Germany
diyAudio Member

I wrote a complaint to the forum. Let see what they say.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5AHide this!Advertise here!