• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

On Nirvana , we are just waiting for the thermal coupling pcb to the alu box to be validated by thermal camera ..after we need to order the alu box in qty. 99% components and PCBs are in factory

I think one month at least , to ship.

For Shanti we ship from India and EU , we are contacting our usual distri , I expect they will get in stock .

Congrats.

300mms. That's a big fish. :D

One thing that hit me. We discussed it earlier.

I'd change some of the claims on your product page.

Shanti is a 3A+1A supply. If you say Shanti can power an RPI4 (3A requirement) and Katana (3A -> your recommendation ) this simply won't work under all conditions.

I'd be a bit more careful with such statements. You just make yourself vulnerable.

Good luck.

Hi Soundcheck Shanti was tested at 3.5A , 1.5A full load on both. It works perfectly fine . Because its a LPS , with higher loads voltage sags a bit , but we have quite some margins on voltage We prefer to say 3A/1A but thats very conservative. Shanti( in acrylic casing with minimum heat sink) worked for over 1 month in my test setup with RPI3B+ and Katana with no issues and temp is very stable. I am using my thermal camera to check. Shanti production has increased heat sink to alu case. Katana is 3A with RPI connected , only Katana is about 1A continuous Yes its 30cm . We engineered Shanti for low impedance/ultra low noise. Casing dimensions fallowed the engineering target. Thx you for the good words , I am happy and proud about the new PSU. Samples etc will start reaching people next week. Waiting to know what you all think.

I will measure it (output impedance)

Shanti is a dual PSU , Katana and RPI (or isolator) can be connected in many ways. Please refer to the manual.Generally with 2 supply , one goes to the RPI and another goes to DAC .

At last Digione Sig and Shanti can be used together , one 3A for the "dirty side" and 1A for the "clean side"

You'd better check that.

That 150mR seems to be a bit on the high side considering several supercaps
on the output.

E.g. A123 cells run at 6mR (x2) according to DS. And if I'm not mistaken this or that supercap runs at similar low levels. I also looked up a 5V supercap set from Maxwell which ran in the 130mR arena. That 150mR is not necessarily that far off.

Of course there'll be the connectors, cable, asf... that'll add to the bill.

Things like that would nicely being made visible in e.g. transient(-recovery) , rise time/slew rate testing. I'm just saying. :D

Hi Soundcheck this is calculated for DC... Its a straight up calculation . Compare this with shunt regulator (100mOhm min to 500mOhm max ...its very good. Impedance at AC will be impacted by supercaps and caps (should be even lower) However the supercaps and cap bank impacts mostly the transient delta ... Your battery might be better at DC and worst at AC.. Its a balance My friends , Shanti is sounding superb . I know I am biased , but you might now I am not a BS. The combination of low impedance , ultra low noise..its a breakthrough . Cannot wait for the first reviews to be out .... ps. Impedance at DC is dictated simply by R in the wire . (not by impedance of the supercaps)

Hi Soundcheck Compare this with shunt regulator (100mOhm min to 500mOhm max ...its very good.

That's the wrong comparison.

What many of the people around here do, and you know that, is attaching cap buffers to the power rails. Why is that? Because not any regulator would do the job. Because if you e.g. attach 10 Oscon Sepcs to a power rails the ESR will drop into the single digit mR area. Since these caps will sit right beside the sink there won't be much of cable/connector/EMI/RFI effects. And all that will heavily improve slew-rate and transient response and recovery.
Your battery might be better at DC and worst at AC..
It's not my battery. And it's DC and transients. Many of us are/have been using LiFePO4 batteries for years. IanCanada built not long ago and is offering and excellent LiFePO4 battery based power supply.

Common knowledge is that batteries are a bit noisier. That led to supercap buffers or supplies in the past. However. Since non of you guys supply proper datasheets, comparisons are pretty much impossible to accomplish.

My friends , Shanti is sounding superb . I know I am biased , but you might now I am not a BS. The combination of low impedance , ultra low noise..its a breakthrough .
Nobody questions, that Shanti has the potential to play in the upper league on power supplies (saying that without having a proper datasheet at hand ;) ).

But "Breakthrough"?? Nope. I don't see that. Pretty much all features are existing since years. You simply increased the quality.

Certain features - such as the cables and connectors - I do not consider great at all. That'd be the first thing I'd remove.

And I hold my breath regarding mains cable (-socket) impact. The first thought after seeing that was "I probably need to bypass that socket"

However. I do think you'll get your good reviews. In the land of the blind the one-eyed is king. ;) For sure the price-performance ratio of Shanti seems excellent. Any. Yep. I know you guys deliver real nice and fair priced products.
...but you might now I am not a BS...
Hmmm. ;)

Cheers

BTW. I stepped over below when looking at high quality lab supplies.

What I'd consider a nice and new feature in the audio power supply arena would be "slew-rate adjustment".

The idea behind it is that not all sinks can cope properly with low ESR supplies.
Extremely high slew rates are not always a good idea. There's a risk you run into oscillation. Certain devices even clearly state impedance requirements on power supplies. ( That's why these kind of parameters should show up in a datasheet of a power supply).

Still, such a feature I wouldn't consider a breakthrough. Because high quality lab supplies are offering such a feature.

Enjoy.

Hi Soundcheck The power source has an impedance... on Shanti thats 150mOhm Now . we do have a low ESR supercap (and capacitors banks) that we did not take in calculation . So from 0.1A ramping to 2A we have voltage drop (after several seconds) we then measured the power supply impedance ( voltage unloaded .voltage drop and R load gives you the impedance of the PSU) Our super caps and capacitor banks will lower the PSU impedance on transients .

Last edited:
Great to see that you start thinking about the subjects I'm pointing at for quite a while. ;)

However.

Stuff like
...Our super caps and capacitor banks will lower the PSU impedance on transients...
is the reason why I wouldn't agree to your statement:
...but you might now I am not a BS...
;)

1. A lower PS impedance (ESR) will increase the slew rate = dV/dt ( because RC delay shrinks).
Isn't that what you're trying to say?

2. As a pro you then would need to specify what your're talking about - just put a number to it.

BTW:
slew-rate is the rate defining the change of voltage in a period of time.

Wiki explains it.

And you can also find over there (and elsewhere) that improper slew-rate dimensioning is causing "non-linear" effects. (You asked for creativity the other day.)

I do think it is very important to "know your numbers".
That's why datasheets have been invented in the first place.

Anyhow. I'd like to point out again that my intention is not to attack or talk down the products over here.

It's actually the opposite. From all these 5V HQ audio power supplies in the market that I'm aware of I'd personally would pick Shanti/Nirvana as my first choice just by looking at the feature list.

Cheers

OK let me try to answer to the best of my ability . All voltage sources have impedance . There are quite a few formulas to calculate it but most used its V noload-Vload/A (DC).I used the wrong voltage drop previously In Shanti case the voltage drop is 0.180mV/3A = 0.06R = 60mOhm (from no load voltage to full load) (Shanti at low load is 5.2V and maximum load is 5.02V designed so you never get an under voltage on RPI) Capacitors or supercaps are not voltage sources . They are electrons storage with a slight loss (leaks) So when load is stable...electrons will be supplied by Voltage source with the stated impedance . Same Voltage source will slightly charge the loss of caps (almost negligible but not 0) Lets examine now a transient of 0.001Second . Voltage source PSU will sag slightly (LDO , active filters response) and supercaps + capacitors after last active filter will become voltage sources . Of course all impedance will be parallel and they will supply the spike from internal reservoir. Impedance will change from 0.06R to ..much lower . How much lower you ask ? I never tested , I don't even think it matters how low it will go Same transient at 0.02S . Most of capacitance (lytics) have arrived at voltage of PSU (and PSU in itself started to come higher V) Suprecaps still have higher V and continue to supply the load transient.. What I am trying to say Soundcheck is that behavior is very complex. I know you want to see a "number for impedance" but as above that number is in function of time and hard to calculate . It changes with load transient vs time I will test the recovery time of Shanti (thats only one number) but not the impedance/time/A transient Meanwhile , Shanti is a dual LPS with very good noise and architecture that took in consideration transients (since first day of our design) At 159$ its rather a good price/quality and beats many...many audiophile super duper PSUs and we do have public test data to show it. Will I ever have everything you want me to test ? I don't think so. However since you are one of the reviewers of Shanti you are welcome to do so :) once you get your unit Yes I think Shanti is a breakthrough . Not because "slew rate" vs impedance vs whatever.. . Shanti is a well engineered LPS with dual outputs with a very good price/what you get . That's the breakthrough .

Last edited:
Today testing shows that USBridge draws about 550mA. So its the same, you can use your PSU.. Still note that on power on there is a spike of about 850mA for 200mS
That's good news! But it still leaves the question open how to connect the two rails of the PSU with the combo of USBridge signature and DigiOne signature: Would they still be powered through the two power inlets of DigiOne signature, one for the clean side and one for the dirty side (RPi)?

Would the sonical result be any different with USBridge signature instead of an ordinary RPi in conjunction with DigiOne signature?

Best,
Stefan

Stefan I cannot answer questions about sonic benefits of USBridge+ Digione Sig feeding your specific DAC. What I can say , is that test data shows that Boss+ USbridge vs Boss + RPI , THD+N is better on USbridge combo. On the PSU connection , I am still working on the back plate for USBridge + Digione Sig and should have the final solution this week. (so I will update you then)