• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: „Ultra Low Noise“ Power Supply, LT3045 based PCB’s

Great!
HC - High Current
S - Single Rail
D - Dual Rail

The HC-HPULN is not officially released yet, btw ;)

When do you expect that to be?

Do you have any idea how much it would cost in US dollars to build one of these to power a Raspberry Pi/Allo Digione combo? 2.5 amp 5v is the requirement. Just approximately is great. I mean for everything, except case, and wall cord. It seems like you might need two, or more for 2.5 amps. And I don't have an idea on what even one will cost. I'm a total noob. This would be my first build. So I'm clueless.

Thank you. :)

I thought I’ll share my initial impressions of the HC-HPULN 5A LT3045 single ps that I posted at my CA thread

The true experimental tweak thread - Page 170 - Networking, Networked Audio, and Streaming - Computer Audiophile

Such a great boards Michael!! My Brooklyn DAC sounds like a million dollar and the HC-HPULN looks like it too! Truly awesome stuff! I feel blessed to have one more to put somewhere else and make that spell. I will be sure to choose that spot wisely. Thanks a million! :)

Cornan

why do you use 2 HC-HPULN in serie

Does that improve the sound of the Mytek?
LG
Thomas

Cornan

why do you use 2 HC-HPULN in serie

Does that improve the sound of the Mytek?
LG
Thomas

I use two HC-HPULN in series since it improves SQ compared to one. This is not something specific for the HC-HPULN but with LT3045 voltage regs. I have series LT3045s in all of the audio devices and ethernet devices in my setup and they improve in series everywhere. The HC-HPULN in series replaced the HPULN in series since they sounded considerable better powering my Mytek Brooklyn DAC. I could’nt be happier!:)

Noise rejection doubles when you put them in series so if you have more noise in the input than a single regulator can clean you need another one (and maybe more than one) to clean the rest of the noise.

I dont know if it actually doubles the noise reduction but it reduces it more in series than in singles. One of the main reasons I started to put the LT3045s in series was to try to reduce or remove the high impedance noise coming from SMPS and ethernet switches through the DC cable path. Quite soon I will also experiment if using three LT3045s in a DC Y-split will reduce the noise sharing between the legs powering different devices and making it as good as two PSU and two DC cables. Could be interesting! ��

I dont know if it actually doubles the noise reduction but it reduces it more in series than in singles. One of the main reasons I started to put the LT3045s in series was to try to reduce or remove the high impedance noise coming from SMPS and ethernet switches through the DC cable path. Quite soon I will also experiment if using three LT3045s in a DC Y-split will reduce the noise sharing between the legs powering different devices and making it as good as two PSU and two DC cables. Could be interesting! ��

Hi

Thank you for your answers.

Does the heatsink become hot, when the mytek,is on?

LG
Thomas

It is not noise the high impedance part, that is a leakage current and it is hard to get that out of a system.

SMPS and grounding - UpTone Audio (Sponsored) - Computer Audiophile

Sorry, I just wrote it wrong. I know it is difficult to get rid of high impedance leakage. I just explained why I started with LT3045s in series. I do think that they reduce the need for DC- output grounding that is proven by JS to shunt it. In my setup DC-output grounding is not necessary anymore. It actually make it sound worse. Impossible for me to prove anything though. It is just a gut feeling after all! :)

Sorry, I just wrote it wrong. I know it is difficult to get rid of high impedance leakage. I just explained why I started with LT3045s in series. I do think that they reduce the need for DC- output grounding that is proven by JS to shunt it. In my setup DC-output grounding is not necessary anymore. It actually make it sound worse. Impossible for me to prove anything though. It is just a gut feeling after all! :)

I am happy for you that puting them in series works for you but they wont reduce the leakage current as that part will pass through the regulators and the ground will pass through each card untoutched. The AC leakage will always search for a path back to ground.
I think the added soundquality is more a part of the added noise reduction (PSRR) puting more LT3045 in series after your Gopherts but that is just me thinking out loud... :)

I am happy for you that puting them in series works for you but they wont reduce the leakage current as that part will pass through the regulators and the ground will pass through each card untoutched. The AC leakage will always search for a path back to ground.
I think the added soundquality is more a part of the added noise reduction (PSRR) puting more LT3045 in series after your Gopherts but that is just me thinking out loud... :)

Could be, but do not forget the output Polymer caps (tantalum and Aluminium) that are used as well in most LT3045s. They are for example known to have good high frequency performance, low impedance and ESR among other things.

Avnet: Quality Electronic Components & Services

Anyway, I am not an EE. I am more like a EN (experimental nerd) and prefer to leave the scientific explanations to people with fantastic O’scopes! 😁

I use two HC-HPULN in series since it improves SQ compared to one. This is not something specific for the HC-HPULN but with LT3045 voltage regs. I have series LT3045s in all of the audio devices and ethernet devices in my setup and they improve in series everywhere. The HC-HPULN in series replaced the HPULN in series since they sounded considerable better powering my Mytek Brooklyn DAC. I could’nt be happier!:)

Hi, I'm thinking of trying this with my Brooklyn Dac+.

So, I'd need two HC-HPULN 5A LT3045 boards right? How much are they if fully constructed so I don't need to do any soldering?

I'd feed from an HDplex 200w LPSU which I can set one of the outputs to be 14v DC, and have each board drop 1v to end up at 12v DC, does that sound right?

Would I have to specifically order DC to DC boards, and are there any jumpers on them which would have to be set?

Past that I assume the in and outs are labelled, along with the - and +.

Thanks in advance for help!?

Hello Stammheim, I'm interested in your LT3045 boards.
I'm not sure where to get started, but I'd like to use these to clean up power fed by some DC LPS and SMPS's. Please let me know what connector options are available. My DC barrels are either 2.1 or 2.5 mm. 5v, 7v, 12v, 18v, 19v. Also let me know what the caps options are.

Thanks,
John

Hi guys,

All HPULN's are adjustable in a range of 0-15VDC using the trimpot, in respect to LT3045's maximum output voltage of 15V.

Using a stable DC in the input I recommend Vin = Vout + 0,6V.

Until now the power supplies are delivered with terminals with up to 30awg giving the user the flexibility of connecting any kind of connectors.

I was asked for alternative connectors few times right now. Feel free to inform me which connectors could also be interesting.

@Johnseye
Which caps do you have in mind?

Best regards

Stammheim

Last edited: