• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Disgraceful

As I have previously posted, one of my modules failed through no fault of mine and Lazy Cat said he would repair it. I sent it to him a LONG time ago and NOW he doesn’t reply to my emails or my posts on here. I wasted a LOT of money on his modules and associated parts, heatsinks etc etc. MY ADVICE WOULD BE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS MAN HE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

My sense from owning the FOs and following this thread, is that he basically provided the amp modules to the DIY community as a courtesy for peanuts and was not really in it for the profit, or long term support. How could he provide support for a $150-$200 module!?

He was in it as a business to provide finished amps (as evidenced by posted pictures) to high-end clients at 50 times the cost of a simple module. This was/is where his bread-n-butter was so to speak.

I'm not defending him, as he should have made it clear these module may be temperamental and he would not be responsible for any [builder] screw-up. I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere in the fine print to that affect. DIY is so often a work in progress, and there are no guarantees as much as we wish there were. Gawd knows I've learned that lesson from all the $hit project parts I've bought from Asia!

My .02, but I could be wrong.

My sense from owning the FOs and following this thread, is that he basically provided the amp modules to the DIY community as a courtesy for peanuts and was not really in it for the profit, or long term support. How could he provide support for a $150-$200 module!?

He was in it as a business to provide finished amps (as evidenced by posted pictures) to high-end clients at 50 times the cost of a simple module. This was/is where his bread-n-butter was so to speak.

I'm not defending him, as he should have made it clear these module may be temperamental and he would not be responsible for any [builder] screw-up. I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere in the fine print to that affect. DIY is so often a work in progress, and there are no guarantees as much as we wish there were. Gawd knows I've learned that lesson from all the $hit project parts I've bought from Asia!

My .02, but I could be wrong.

Your thoughts are correct.
But you are probably not aware that LC PROMISED PERSONALLY to few of us that we get TO BUY new modules for replacement when they are ready.
So we are not talking on "long term support" but simply having enough decency and fulfilling the promise!
Also, when your profit is half of price of sold module and living in Slovenia where average wage is 1000$ a month, does not seem bad deal to me...

Last edited:
Right now I made a deal with Sonnya for some other CFA. Ready built during the weekend.

I have Lazy Cat's First One modules that were powered by the Hypex1200 / 400. But after listening to the amazing TSSA V1.8 and A1V1.2 from Sonny Anderson (Mirand audio) with SMPS from Cresnet, First One has been on the shelf for a long time. My personal opinion, Sonny's sound is much more natural, with bass, and very stable. I love these amplifiers. I look forward also to the CFA variant.

I have Lazy Cat's First One modules that were powered by the Hypex1200 / 400. But after listening to the amazing TSSA V1.8 and A1V1.2 from Sonny Anderson (Mirand audio) with SMPS from Cresnet, First One has been on the shelf for a long time. My personal opinion, Sonny's sound is much more natural, with bass, and very stable. I love these amplifiers. I look forward also to the CFA variant.

Thats good to hear. Have you perhaps also compared FO with Cresnet SMPS to Sonnyas sound?

Yes, both amplifiers were also tested with Cresnet SMPS.
First One with SMPS from Cresnet sounded better than First One with Hipex1200 / 400 SMPS. For me personally it was an SMPS revelation from Cresnet. I just do not feel the need to use the classic PSU. And all my friends agree with me, it sounds gorgeous.
When switching between Hipex and classic PSU, I always want to stay with the classic. With Cresnet I do not have this desire and I started to use them in all my class AB and A projects. But once again, it is my personal opinion.

Yes I think Sonnya will asemble moduls during the weekend for me.;)

Here some photos with Mirand A1V1.2 testing (Sonny Anderson)
I stayed with SMPS Cresnet :)
First One with Hypex is on the shelf

Attachments

• 20181106_004653_resized.jpg
    20181106_004653_resized.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 20190407_011534.jpg
    20190407_011534.jpg
    932.7 KB · Views: 527
  • 20190612_144035_resized.jpg
    20190612_144035_resized.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 505