• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Cronus - It's about time.

is normal that when I connect the b3se in sync mode with the cronus and turn off the reclocker(SW2:4) I get lower frequency attenuation and a sound like the speakers were 180 degrees phase inverted ?

Something is definitely screwy. :) Likely you are misinterpreting the switch states? Maybe post on the support forum with good pics of the switches etc.

tested again today for stereo imaging and discovered that the dac goes into mono(left channel) when I turn the reclocker off
also the spdif autodetect bypass seems to change the sound with a lower rolloff for the top end.

what I am doing wrong?

edit: when using spdif bypass it won't play dsd

I don't know what you mean by reclocker in this context - do you mean the jitter reduction (ASRC) in the ES9018 DAC itself?

You don't generally want to turn it off unless you also turn off the OSF.

For the Cronus Re-clocking Module, if I already got a master clock, do I still need the Rhea Pair? Which socket should I connect the master clock? If purchase the Rhea pair as well, will the master clock override the Rhea pair if a master clock is connected?

Just wanted to check before placing my order.

What sort of mast clock are you talking about?

Posted this also in the TPA support forum but would like to post it here too.

My B3SE is has the Cronus-Hermes-Amanero stack. Had some trouble but that was all solves (I think). So I decides to put the top on my chassis and therefor I had to put in an other, shorter, usb cable to the back side of the cabinet. I forgot I had removed the bolts between Cronus and Hermus. Result was no sound. I re-soldered the headers of both Cronus and Hermes and there was music again.

Funny thing is that low resolution files play normal as they should. But higher resolution files play for a while, then start to stutter en finally no sound at all.
When this happens the Lock Led on B3SE starts to flicker and then goes out...

Anybody any idea what's happening?

SPDIF is working at all sample rates...

Typically this means something is changing over time. Likely a supply running out of current causing low voltage. Check shunt currents etc - especially the 1.2V (add 27R at R4 to get more current if needed) trident on B3SE.

The 1.2V Trident measures 1.17VDC, Both other Tridents measure 3.30VDC and the AVCC measures 3.6 on both sides... As far as I understand this is all correct...

are there any chances that the problem is caused by the asio driver?
I ask because I have a similar problem.
If I stream something in the browser from web and then close browser/stop streaming and start playback in foobar after a short time the track speed goes very fast.I solve this every time restarting the track in foobar.
It does this no matter if pcm/dsd plays and at all sample rates.
In my case I think it's the asio driver but I would be glad to hear others opinion.