• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

The most common case is of course - that the teleporter is used on both ends - and in that case J1 should ideally be closed.

This is rather confusing. I had dropout issues using the Teleporters when I tried them back in about 2013 or so. I see a J1 (which is open) on my v1.1 boards but I don't see J2. I would think the Teleporters should be supplied set up to be used in pairs.

Well I have to admit to being a bit irritated. This is the first I have heard of the need for a jumper at J1. I went back and re-read this entire thread. No mention of this. And I have not found any hint of the Teleporter manual that was promised early on. Where is J2? I don't see it on my boards. Does a manual exist?

Wow! So my first question is there any operational difference between V.1.1 and V.1.2?
I ask because both of my V.1.2 boards appear to be bad.

First it was lots of dropouts then the DAC wouldn't lock at all. I replaced the receiver with a 1.1 board and things worked for a while then when sending a 0dbfs tone to measure the outputs suddenly silence no lock. I happened to sense a very hot chip, the square multipin on the transmitter so suspected it had died. Just looking at resistance I can see pins 5-8 at ground on the 176333 bad receiver. Hypothesizing that the bad receiver stressed the transmitter and then the 0dbfs took it out completely?

In any case V1.1 teleporter now installed as transmitter and receiver with J1 shorted on the receiver and J2 shorted on both. My test CAT 5 cable is not shielded so I connected grounds together. Beautiful music again. Still momentary dropouts when the refridgerator cycles but thats just my poor power here. On a more positive note the first two DACs running with the same Mercury are very close 1.05 - 1.07 db I have the Mercury Rs at 27 ohm due to the gain of the amplifier and the sensitivity of the speakers.

I notice there was some talk about inverted clock signals and their effect on locking in one of the threads. Are the "A" connections or the "B" connections inverted polarity? Im working with a third party designing an audio bridge and the LVDS driver is being adapted from an HDMI connection and I want to insure complete compatibility with the Teleport receivers.

RJ45 connection:

1-B0-bit clock (+) or (-)?
2-A0-bit clock (+) or (-)?
3-B2-Data (+) or (-)?
4-B1-Word Clock (+) or (-)?
5-A1-Word Clock (+) or (-)?
6-A2-Data (+) or (-)?
7-B3-Master Clock (+) or (-)?
8-A3-Master Clock (+) or (-)?

No sure what talk you are referring to (maybe cronus/hermes? In that case all we are doing is shifting the time domain for the benefit of the FF - in the end the signals are all the same phase) - but in any case I would not apply such a inversion here - the signals are already optimized for least cross-talk - and I would not suggest any changes in that regard.

I believe it had something to do with the left right word clock and something else about inverting the polarity of the master clock to help things lock up better with certain hardware.

In any case lets ask it another way. If I am going to tap LVDS signals from an HDMI output connection instead of using a teleporter for the transmit side, I want to insure that I don't mix up the positive polarity signal with the inverted half of the differential signal. I assume but would like to verify that the A0,A1,A2,A3 LVDS pads are all positive polarity after reception and conversion back into I2s. The B0,B1,B2,and B3 are carrying the inverted signals. It is precisely because you have it right that I don't want to mess it up.

Here's the RJ45 pin mapping...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 175