• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N13S lineamp/preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have some 6N13S and I wonder if anybody out there in "Space" have a schematic of a lineamp/preamp/buffer with this tube? Love the size and the look of this tube, and I want to build myself a preamp. Do not need much gain, so a buffer will be great.

Strange choice of tube for preamp. This tube is good for a power amplifier but its main problem is a large discrepancy in the parameters of the inside triodes.

Attachments

• 6n13s.jpg
    6n13s.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
The 6C19 is right in the middle in therms of heater requirements, and has a nice glow. I think that if you CCS load the plate with a single 10M45S you can make a nice 3-4X gain buffer.

Cheap as well. Ive used them in a power supply board, and that worked really well.

Mind you you really cant use more than like 100K grid leak because of leakage in these tubes. They where used in series regulators where the leakage is just regulated away by the error amplifier.

Attachments

• 6C19P_1.jpg
    6C19P_1.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 6C19P_2.jpg
    6C19P_2.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 6C19P_3.jpg
    6C19P_3.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 6C19P_4.jpg
    6C19P_4.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 264
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.