• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Russian tubes - Classification of various brands?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Book describes multiple phantom factories under same name in Soviet Union. So did the Ukraine (=ussr) factory exist ? Book also describes no further investigation of all these phantom factories took place. That probably means the phantom factories still are listed as factories.

The Oktyabr plant's 6n3p-dr is different to the Reflecktor which has 3 mica spacer. I have also seem a photo where Oktyabr 6n3p-i has 4 mica spacer.

Hello, I shoot some my Russian tubes and try to find some info concerning different Quality Signs on Russian tubes like "OTK", "<>" (rhombus) "ВП":
As I know:
"OTK" - sign of QC department, means that standard quality control passed. In the Soviet times ANY PRODUCT of ANY factory or other production MUST BE checked by "OTK" department - it was guaranty to civil buyers/users that this device is good and safe for use. It is "civil" sign.

"<>" empty rhombus or rhombus with only digits inside (since last '60-s - till present), also letters "ВП" and some two digits between them and inside rhombus - like "<В 171 П>" (before last '60-s) means that device passed Military quality control .
As I can find, digits inside rhombus does not mean any special concerning tube parameters - it's just personal provisory number of person who control QC process for military.

Rhombus signs also used and uses now for any other electronic components and devices which pass QC for military uses.

Sign like star and "CCCP" inside pentagone - is "Sign of Highest Quality USSR" - civil sign.
Words "Сделано в СССР" - means "Made in USSR".

Please feel free to ask any questions or find something special from ex-USSR :)

Here is some pics of my tubes:

Attachments

• IMG_5205-1.jpg
    IMG_5205-1.jpg
    717.7 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_5206-2.jpg
    IMG_5206-2.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_5207-3.jpg
    IMG_5207-3.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_5208-4.jpg
    IMG_5208-4.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_5210-5.jpg
    IMG_5210-5.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_5211-6.jpg
    IMG_5211-6.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5212-7.jpg
    IMG_5212-7.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_5214-8.jpg
    IMG_5214-8.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_5215-9.jpg
    IMG_5215-9.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
E (russian E) - long life (5000h and more)
D (russian Д) - ultra long life (10000h and more)
V (russian B) - vibration proof, high reliability
I (russian И) - for impuls mode (high emission of catode)
K (russian K) - vibration proof
R (russian P) - vibration and radiation (nuclear reliability) proof

so 'EV' (rus EB) is 'long life' + 'vibration proof, high reliability' etc

also stamps:
ОТК - standard quality
ВП - military
ОС - ultra stable parameters

I'm sorry my thanks was for Oleg but also thanks to you Andrey.

Different plants - different tube types - some "better", other "the best" :)
I hear a lot good about tubes made in: "Voskhod", "Svetlana", "Reflector"

I think the right way is to try to find info on your exact tube type you need - for example when I need to find opinions about russian 6J1P-EV I find it on discussion pages about headphone amps which uses this exact tube:
Just for example: Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Regards, Andrey

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.