• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Understanding bias setting TSE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amps is back up and running after C6 bit the dust and in setting everything up I pulled the meters out and spent some time making sure all is set and stable.

I have a few different 5U4G rectifiers and I noticed that the Raytheon has lower B+ voltage the the two RCA's, 248-250 vs. 282-286. In deciding to leave the lower volt rectifier in there I spent some time getting the bias set where it sounded the best. 32mA was the ticket.

If I decide to run one of the higher voltage rectifiers should I reduce bias? Hot hot is too hot? What about tube life?

I believe I understand the principal of bias just looking for the practical. I also have read Georges suggestion of where to bias a 45 amp in Tubes and Applications.

Why does suggested bias go down at higher voltages?

Thanks,
Walt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.