Threadjacking

Audio cables will be forthcoming in a month or so. One of the most well known people in the audio cable business from the past, has come out of retirement for consideration of the US distribution.

It won't quite top that one, thankfully. But if anyone pays attention to my posts, note what I said about them (cables). The basics of electrical theory have not been violated, but, in all seriousness, they most defintely will need to be reconsidered and re-thought.

On a different topic:
Ah yes, maybe you guys might find this weird. No matter what the heck it turns out to be. Google 'Fulford ultimatum', and about 7-8 items down will be the interview (one of two).

Interesting to say the least. If true (always debatable), it would likely be the most important point of change in several millenia. And then you could say you were there, right at the original moment.

valveitude said:

Well ya. A Timothy Leary style pharmaceutical with an orange juice chaser, and your there :clown:

That particular substance is on record, multiple times, for increasing the IQ scores of people by 20%, on average. During their 'excursion' of course. It poses ZERO harm to the human body and mind, it enlightens and increases cranial capacity.

Proven. Fact.

That means, of course, that if you start with, oh, a 160 score, you go up by ~32 points! Whoo hoo! 195....here's we comes!

It poses ZERO harm to the human body and mind...

R-i-g-h-t...other than those that have forgot about the laws of physics, only to discover that gravity works at the end of there flying off high places, or that the mass of the truck truly is greater than theirs after attempting to stop it, or the people that had a physiological anomaly that couldn't handle the "walls" coming down in their mind, spending the rest of their lives in a rubber room, or....

I thought that it was self evident that my comment was in jest..guess not. Yes, I have "been" there...got the T-shirt. No, I do not recommend it.

Casey

KBK said:

On a different topic:
Ah yes, maybe you guys might find this weird. No matter what the heck it turns out to be. Google 'Fulford ultimatum', and about 7-8 items down will be the interview (one of two).

Interesting to say the least. If true (always debatable), it would likely be the most important point of change in several millenia. And then you could say you were there, right at the original moment.

I always thought the "club' in 'Eyes Wide Shut' chanted in backwards speech. I'm surprised no one ever analysed it (maybe I missed it/should do it myself).

I also confirm burakumin are a no.1 taboo in Japan, from personal experience a real show stopper. Interesting considering the Japanese version of GI Joe. I won't elaborate lest we invoke Godwin's Law and have to close this thread.

I'll read more when I have more time.

Originally posted by KBK
That particular substance is on record, multiple times, for increasing the IQ scores of people by 20%, on average.

Not on my record. Funny that. I was talking with a friend last week, who used to abuse his system with such stuff. He claims it does increase your ability to analyse things quickly, often the basis of IQ tests. In real life, where the ability is more useful, it doesn't apply. He figures the brain is racing too hard analysing existing information to acknowledge events as they occur.

More than likely, true enough. It fits my personal experience/model of it's activity on the ole' bean.

But if I stick to the middle road, everyone agrees, and there is no discussion. That's boring.

valvedude: I'm not recalling any jumping off cliffs while partaking. They'd have to peel me from the underside of the couch first.

Another point in/on the subject. Recently, it has been found that within 20,000 year old human habitation records..have shown..the cultivation and use of weed.

My mother, for example, gave it a shot, and well, let's say: never again. Some aren't suited for it.

Shaman have been using such things for ..well..millenia. Untold ones, at that.

People with the ability to think outside the box that their head constitutes... will ask themselves exactly why that is. And those of clear sight...will be able to formulate a more correct answer to that poser.

Some like the rollercoaster for the pure animalistic rush. I dig it for the adrenaline too. But having the basic cranial grunt to make something out of the intense neural firing is key to getting anything useful out of it. There are other ways to enact the same response, safer ones, like meditation. For example, if one is normally at a so called 'IQ' of , oh, 170-180..then.. the ~ 20% increase, can give a fleeting look into a 'IQ' of ~205-220. And THAT's sumthin.

But here's a point.. the mind fires on all cylinders possible under that intensity. It can and many times does bring about some pretty interesting steroscopic viewpoints that many not ever be accessible via any other means.

For example, the guy who discovered DNA, was totally wacked on LSD when he did it.

Edit: I red my post and realized it gave the impression I am, at the age of 43, still indulging. Not so. I gave it up before the age of 20. Three day rides..... go up on the first, down on the second and the third day to recover...well...that's a bit taxing. Leave it to the young. (for the most part :cannotbe: :D )

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ken,
I found that weed was very hard on short term memory. Also made my hands shake for a coupe days afterwards. I didn't even inhale! Honest!

The buzz was not worth the price paid later.

Once, a real nice guy laced some joints with chemicals. I'll never forget the physical vibration and everything else that went with it. Never found out what is was (definitely not hash or oil). He was not welcome near us ever again. What a Moron!

One thing is clear though. Anyone on drugs are convinced that they are brilliant. :rolleyes:

-Chris

so are the drunken! for the most part, differing substances, under optimum conditions, will open the mind.

Alcohol does nothing but shut the mind down. Quite physically destructive, as well. If I had to choose between substances or alcohol ceasing to exist on the earth, alcohol would be shoved into a dark hole 1001 times over with no hesitation whatsoever. I detest being drunk. I like the odd beer, most definitely, but the drunk part is difficult for me. Hangovers just slay me. For days. I fear the hangover far more than I enjoy the alcohol high. Even when half way to being drunk, I still fear it and hit a 'brick wall' where I will NOT drink beyond about 6-7 drinks. (I'm a notherner. Being drunk is defined as being somewhat conscious after the consumption of 20-40 drinks. Conscious being defined as a minimum of partial body movment, with animating noise of some sort. :D)

Then again, we are talking about abuse vs use.

And the guy who discovered DNA was brilliant. And when he did he was -very- high. Which means it's a general rule, that which you have stated. There are exceptions to every rule.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ken,
I do not get hangovers. That is a blessing and a curse. I've had alcohol poisoning twice.

Now I'm much older and immeasurably smarter than I was. I do not partake in any drugs (except what is prescribed) and extremely little alcohol.

Hey, I get perq's legally. I don't have any idea what the fuss is over them. They seem to be anything but a recreational drug. Oxycontin is another drug I get. Big woop. They do nothing for me in the happy department. If people take these for a good time, they are a very sad lot in my book.

-Chris

jlsem said:

That would explain his theory that the earth was seeded with genetic material by extraterrestrials. And you thought Intelligent Design folks were out there.

John

That type of theory is correct as anything else, and entirely logical and valid, as a point of mental exploration, conjecture, etc.

Absence of evidence from an incomplete world view does not mean evidence itself. This means that the idea of a perfectly 'earth-centric' evolution is not the total view. It is merely an argued one. There is nothing that says he was wrong, and some evidence, the 'ignored' evidence as it does not fit the theory, that scientists who study evolution cannot answer - those 'posers' in evolution, if you will. If one is paying attention, there are grossly huge gaps in the chain of knowledge to 'explain' 'natural' evolution. It's all guess work and subject to change from emergent (or 'ignored') information, exactly like physics. There is only one fact, that there are no facts, all is speculation and theory. No facts. Facts do not exist. Merely an electrically based -physically and mentally realized- 'opinion' that they do. In essence, whatever that means. People have a hard time with that one, but it is essentially an excellent place to begin the idea of reality.

Hitachi Corporation's version of the double-sinlge slit experiments with firing single electrons through such appratus, succinctly prove the effect of the observer on the wave-particle duality, and it's place in dimensional reality.

One last amusing point on the previous threadjack:

In 1855, the president of Hohner, In Germany, recieved a letter with this excerpt within:

"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch and smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner Harmonica" signed,

Abraham Lincoln

So, back in 1855, the prez thought that the good things in life, might, just might, constitute the idea of sparking a phat blunt, and cranking the tunes.

Some things never change.

It was Crick who admitted he was on LSD.

For example, within the ltest quantum theoretical work, and much previous work, there lies the idea of FTL or remote communication of particles. String theory, etc.

Within the idea of what happens as the physical goes to electromagnetic (wave particle duality- singular to wave) lies a large part of what psychics claim of being 'obervant' of. Science meets the Magi. "Welcome home!" say the Magi. "You took the long way....and ended up here anyway."

As one goes under the effects of Salvia, for example, the world begins to fracture into 'wavelets', or something similar to standing between two mirrors who are not exactly parallel to one another. But it is not just visual, it encompasess all aspects of humanly realized reality. To scoot through the singularity (or crossover point) to the other side, so to speak. Oddly enough, all things in this so-called reality (what you read and think here, at this moment) that have an effect on the wave-particle duality, as addressed by the results of the Hitachi experiment, are wholly within, specifically within, the realized/reported phenomena reported by pshycics, of other realms of existence. All aspects of high end, cutting edge physics emerge there.

There is a downward and spiraling twist to the fracturing wavelet effect (in the onset of a Salvia experience and it's withdrawl)which replicates the right hand spin rule and is evidenced in results from photographic slides from impacts in particle acceleration. Also, this is found in the Parker Spiral centered on the sun.

And there are those who are willing to experiment, and bring things back for those who are too full of fear to go there themselves, for them to look at...and ponder.

One could re-phrase that old saw, and state that "Tree clinging' and 'singular particle' reality is for people who can't handle the multi-dimensional realization effects of some substances."

Like Crick did, for example. If one who was unable to make that 'reach' due to animalistic fear of the unknown and a deep seated monkey fear of change in their psychological makup, if that person or group was to know that Crick was under the influence of a substance that altered his 'state of reality', they would dismiss him, wholly, and forcefully, due to the mental state they represent. So he said nothing, at the time. Later, he did.

Hoisted by their own petard(s).

There are many scientists who have done the same as Crick. Specifically, when it comes to the new ideas, the wholly new ones. I'm not talking about refinement of ideas, but the raw idea of the very new, itself.

One can quite correctly argue that you are on similar drugs, at every living moment, and that Buddhists are attempting to and successfully embark on release, use, and control of those substances, which are already within the human body. Thus the scientists who confer with buddhists on their ideas within reality and quantum physics.

We are headed toward a powerful human singularity event, it is less than 20 years away.

This is one of the rumblings, one of the warning signs. The monkeys will fight it. The rest of us will embrace it. For it is coming, regardless of my or anyone else's opinion on the subject.