Who's going to stop Israel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lusso5 said:

:confused:

Maybe you dont have children, but strapping a bomb to one, and sending them for a walk.....:bawling: Not only this, but many are raised willing to do so. Add to that using them as human-shields...

I feel for the innocents caught up in it all.

You are right. I didn't think of those cases where they strap
bombs on children etc. I just meant that I can understand
the palestinians are desperate, but that does not mean I
accept their way of handling the desperation.

Hi SSS
since you live in israel, i and i suppose other would love to know how the palestinian are treaded by your government. Are they free to go where they want when they want. Do they still have access to the same clean water as those past decade. What happen to there school, hospital, social service. How long can a palestinian family can live in there house before they are forced to move and why are they forced to move. What did happen to there farm.

I've read reaction of jews when they killed palestinian official on your news paper. If one of us decide to killed your prime minister. How other will react in my country and others?

Pleade tell me, tell us.

Daniel

till said:

did you every count how many solders they kill and how many palestinian kid you isreal solders do kill?
i do trust the news more than what they tell you so you could belive its ok to do your job.

did u see the movie "black hawk down" ? , there u can see the difficulties in urban combats

israeli soldiers never kill any kids intentionally
there are kids running everywhere and those terrorists hiding behind them (intentionally) shooting at the soldiers , sometimes the soldiers hit the kids instead

they even put bombs on their kids , what do u think of that?

SSS,
You and the rest of your country seem to have no sense of your own responsibility for how you came to be in this position. Whenever a suicide bomb goes off, I half expect to hear one of you say "what have we ever done to them". You moan about the PA not doing anything about Hamas yet anyone with half a brain knows the PA cannot possibly move against Hamas as they are, in the eyes of many, at the very least extracting some sort of price for the Israeli land grab.

Christer said:
SSS,

do you respect the 1949 borders and accept to withdraw all
jewish settlements from the west bank and Gaza?

actually i do ,i'm against the settlements

Christer said:
I know it is not that simple and that for instance Hamas does
not accept the state of Israel at all, but that is no different
from those jews who claim a right to the occupied territories
as far as I can see. To me it seems that there are too many
people on both sides who are not genuinely interested in
peace if they have to compromise even a tiny bit.

what can i say man , i think religion causes most of this problems .
those jews are stupid religious jews , not all of us is like that .
hamas and hezballah wount stop untill there will be no state of israel no matter what borders - thats the main problem

sss said:

actually i do ,i'm against the settlements

what can i say man , i think religion causes most of this problems .
those jews are stupid religious jews , not all of us is like that .
hamas and hezballah wount stop untill there will be no state of israel no matter what borders - thats the main problem

I am glad to hear that. That puts you in the category of
israelis who seem to hold a sensible position about the
situation. If just enough israelis shared the same view and
most palestinians shared a corresponding view then maybe there
would be a chance for peace in the end.

israeli soldiers never kill any kids intentionally
there are kids running everywhere and those terrorists hiding behind them (intentionally) shooting at the soldiers , sometimes the soldiers hit the kids instead

i would belive if you would "accidently" kill those kids and civilians inside your country. But your army does so _outside_ . So what they do is an aggression, it is war against civilians. Your country does not act like any developed country that accepts human rights and geneva conevention. The only reason UNO is not between israel and palestina is the USA, another country that does not care about human rights.

If you simply stay out were you should not be you would not need to kill palestinian kids.

I´m sure it will still need some time, but there will happen something about that ongoing crisis in isreal and it will not be good for isreal.

Christer said:

I am glad to hear that. That puts you in the category of
israelis who seem to hold a sensible position about the
situation. If just enough israelis shared the same view and
most palestinians shared a corresponding view then maybe there
would be a chance for peace in the end.

Wish it were that easy. That deal has been offered and rejected. See the book by Dennis Ross, who negociated that offer from Barak.

And once the Israelis and Palestinian Arabs settle, what about Syria and Jordan, who have killed many more Palestinians than Israel? (Not counting the 30 years when Jordan occupied the West Bank) Or Kuwait, who just did an ethnic cleansing, making their country completely Palestinian-free? How do they get factored into the mix?

More generally, Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza represent about 1.5% of all the land in the Middle East. And about the same percentage of population. What makes you think that settling this particular minor regional squabble (with all due respect to sss, for whom this is big, personal, close-up, and real) will cause the Middle East to be peaceful?

SY said:
. What makes you think that settling this particular minor regional squabble (with all due respect to sss, for whom this is big, personal, close-up, and real) will cause the Middle East to be peaceful?

Agreed.

I was born in 1946. There has never been a long period of peace in the middle east in my life to this point.

It is likely that it will remain so for the balance of my lifetime.

I do not see any viable win-win options that appear to be realistically achievable.

Looks like lose-lose will continue mindlessly.

Ummm, wonder why some Arab country doesn't offer to take the Palestenians in? Other groups throughout history have migrated to physical locations that were suitable and available when there was conflict over real estate.

Gosh, you don't think that various Arab countries think these folks might be a problem, do you?

Do you think home grown fanatics that turn kids into suicide bombers are just the sort of thing you want in your own country?

Further, surely no one might think that the Palestinians are being hung out to dry by Arabs who might have an interest in furthering the conflict?

Lots of blame to spread around over there. Sure Isreal deserves some. But there's a good bit to spread around in other places.

There are certainly a lot of sides to this conflict - none of them simple or easily solved.

my 2 cents _grin_

Regards

Ken L

SY said:

Wish it were that easy. That deal has been offered and rejected. See the book by Dennis Ross, who negociated that offer from Barak.

I never said it was easy. I am very well aware of my limited
knowledge of the conflicts in the area and can only judge
from what I pick up from media reports. I am also very well
aware that those parties involved in a conflict (that is, any
conflict, not just this one) are usually not objective and
able to judge the situation rationally. It is sad that Arafat
has been in power on the palestinian side and effectively
blocked many attempts at settling the conflict. It was also
sad that some israeli shot Rabin, which in my understanding
also effectively blocked a potential break-through in the
negotiations.

And once the Israelis and Palestinian Arabs settle, what about Syria and Jordan, who have killed many more Palestinians than Israel? (Not counting the 30 years when Jordan occupied the West Bank) Or Kuwait, who just did an ethnic cleansing, making their country completely Palestinian-free? How do they get factored into the mix?

I know the palestinians are not very much appreciated by
other arab countries, except as cannon-fodder for their own
hatred against Israel. It is complete news to me that some
of these countries should have killed large amoung of
palestinians. Would mind elaborating a little bit on that?

More generally, Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza represent about 1.5% of all the land in the Middle East. And about the same percentage of population. What makes you think that settling this particular minor regional squabble (with all due respect to sss, for whom this is big, personal, close-up, and real) will cause the Middle East to be peaceful?

I don't expect a peace between Israel and the palestinians to
immediately solve all problems in the middle east. It would,
however, hopefully give the israelis and palestinians a chance
to live a more relaxed life after too many decades of hostility.
Further, it would put the focus on other unsettled problems and
conflicts within the arab world, which are now ignored by
externalising their internal problems on the israeli-palestinian
conflict. The arab world has severe problems, at least from
our western point of view, and it is time that they try to
handle those problems instead of focussing on Israel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.