Cable Manufacturer response about cables directivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Response to the question "why there's an ARROW printed on your cables" from three different people as I was a little ..... insistent....

"Thanks for your inquiry.

The arrow shows the signal (flow) direction. So the cable should be plugged in from your device to the loudspeaker with the arrow directed to your loudspeaker.

Further questions are always welcome.

Kind regards
Wilma Selzer

Team VIABLUE™"

Second one
"but AC moves back and forth, does not have a flow direction"....

"Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, for sure you're right about the AC. But all our cables have an arrow. It's not only to show the electrical flow direction. It just is there to help with orientation for quicker connection. "The current comes out from the power outlet and goes to the electrical device." So e.g the Schutzkontakt connector is at the input side of the cable and e. g. the C15 connector is at the output side of the cable.

Any further questions are welcome.

Best regards

Lars Rewesa
Team VIABLUE™"

Third one
"but it's a ...... cable, both ends are identical, your cables do not work the other way around?":D

"Our cables are exposed to a high voltage test current during the manufacturing process. This changes the direction of the molecular structure in the copper and reorients it, thus defining the optimal direction of the signal cable.

In the high-end range this plays a not insignificant role because with very high-resolution systems finest details and nuances are audible.

Kind regards,

Peter Schmitt

Team VIABLUE™"

At this point I gave up, any questions?:eek:

VIABLUE™ Homepage * Official website: Hi-fi high-end cables and connectors. Accessories for speakers. Braided cable sleeving.

Last edited:
Our cables are exposed to a high voltage test current during the manufacturing process. This changes the direction of the molecular structure in the copper and reorients it, thus defining the optimal direction of the signal cable.

Thanks, now you gave me the excuse to jump

cartoon-of-depressed-man-standing-on-edge-holding-stone-tied-to-his-vector-id995692386

So the OP was posting some random stuffs he got from the Internet and we are supposed to believe it. The question is if it was written somewhere, is it true? Do we trust the OP? Or we trust the Internet?

Huh?
It's not "random stuff", these are Email responses straight from the manufacturer.
You can always send them an Email yourself and ask them about the "arrow" printed on their cables, let us know their response.

info@viablue.de

Last edited:
Mate....FFS....
It's another thing to make a well made product and another thing to sell it dipped in snake oil for the electrons to slide faster.

It's their hilarious claims and marketing crap that ruins it, not the product itself.

OK, then their products are probably a bunch of snake oil. I don't know. I do have a strong suspicion to a lot of online cable manufacturers. Some of their claims are a bit out there. One should be awared. I recommend making your own cables. Some believe that home-make cables are just as good as those high-price online cables.

No it's legit, bought their speaker and mains cable in bulk from here
Actually they are very well made.
I'm sure the bulk cables are fine, however their pre-made cables incorporate ferrite filter sleeves.....audio poison IME.
IME all cables have some degree of directional characteristic, you can experiment and find the direction that you subjectively prefer and then stay with that.
The subjective effect is something like absolute phase.....wire L and R interconnect or speaker cables in opposite directions and you will find that mono image widens and will not centralise.
In this test condition one speaker will sound more 'natural' than the other, this is the direction to then set both channels..

Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.