Cable Manufacturer response about cables directivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
XLR cables are normally terminated on one side with male and the other with female connectors so they can only be inserted in one direction and an arrow is only ornamentation.
Arrows may sometimes help in this case of quite similar connectors when manipulating cables having great length.

Electrical directionality of a cable

The flux of electrons in a cable normally behaves exactly the same in both directions. If a cable shows directionality, it implies that this cable is affected by a unintended default. Its use should be avoided.

If manufacturers marked their cables with arrows because they detect this default, their labs should work to remove it. Otherwise, leaving the arrows in place only indicate that they were unable to make products correctly conveying currents.

These arguments have been borrowed from french engineer Jipihorn.

I think this thread should be lock. The OP first quoted a website that is suspicious. Look like it was photoshop then making some kind of suspicious statement that he bought the cables from them. The so called "email" responses seem like they were made up. OP should be ban.

Attachments

• Cable Lock.jpg
    Cable Lock.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 125
Don’t worry... all cable threads eventually get locked. Let’s get a pool going... I got 20 on 24 hours from now. T minus 23:59:59, 58, 57....

Sooner rather than later. OP claim looks a bit suspicious. I don't even thing the company actually exists. All the cables look the same. I mean how can they all look the same if it is an actual company that sells actual cables?

Account Closed
Joined 2018
After reading through this "festive" thread, I find it's yet another "no, I'm right, you're wrong" and bunch of ignorance about electricity.
Not all of you, mind you, just some.
I can tell who believes this "directional" horse crap about cables, and who is educated enough to know the truths.
With that said, if you understood electricity, the fundamentals of it, and how electrons and conduction though a copper wire actually behaves, you wouldn't give that hyped directional crap a second thought.
As was mentioned, snake oil lives for the ignorant.

I would like to see someone here who can prove that "directivity" does not exist. I mean we cannot let these cables companies get away with this stuff. There is an old joke about changing the air in your tires (like changing engine oil). This "directivity" does have that smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.