737 Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2010
Paid Member

..." 737-800.."

..."United has also experience a slew of incident in recent days: a hydraulic leak on an Airbus plane just before landing in San Francisco on Thursday; a fluid leak from the landing gear of a Boeing 777-300 midflight from Sydney to San Francisco on Monday; a Boeing 737 Max 8 rolling off the runway after landing in Houston on March 8; and a wheel falling off a Boeing 777-200 shortly after takeoff from San Francisco on March 7..."

Now we got the MOB....

You know, those planes have been around for quite a while... perhaps we ought to put the credit where it belongs... the AIRLINE maintenance.

Flew past week on an Airbus 320 family aircraft, was kind of relieved when i saw it was not the 737max… flight was great, smooth, easy, loves Airbus…

I flew in an Easyjet A320 from Milan to Paris (so, very short flight) and the legroom was very limited and the seats quite hard. I assumed it was due to the budget airline cramming in as many seats as possible... It wasn't a problem given the time in the air, though.

Tony; as I related earlier this thread, I had a short hop (under 1 hour) from Montreal to Toronto last fall in a new Max8 , and the interior was significantly improved in terms of spaciousness and lower noise levels over the older versions we’ve been in countless times,
And yes, the operators’ training/maintenance are certainly among the myriad of moving parts in this very complicated scenario.

It's a shame what's become of Boeing. Formerly commanded respect for safety and reliability in an industry where these are paramount to business success and public confidence. What happened? The recipe seems to have been partly lost, or perhaps compromised. Was it competitive pressure from Airbus combined with too much priority on shareholders? Well, they are starting to pay the price now (deservedly so considering the passenger cost), but I fear that not enough of a rout will happen.

And there was dead silence in the room when management asked who wants to fly the new Starliner. :LOL:

jeff

e9a90e6ba19d449bc91ee089210589e5.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Those issues have been known and worked on for many months. The only thing I see new is the May launch date. It's been April for the last several months, but I don't see why it was changed. They usually say.

I suppose more astronauts could legitimately "retire" before launch, and it's taking so many years that it's hard to tell if they're chickening out or legitimately reaching astronaut retirement age.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am guessing MBA is not an engineering degree. Need a no MBA rule for most of these tech companies.
I have an MBA. It’s not MBA’s that are corrupting business and the economy. It’s company valuations and the complete disconnect between market cap and 10 year EBIT. Nvidia is valued at $2 trillion. Nvidia will never generate $2 Trillion in EBIT in 10yrs under normal conditions.

Reactions: 1 users
We have a BBA program here, direct entry after high school.
And of course anybody with a graduate (bachelor's) degree can enter the MBA program,not necessarily engineers.
I know a Professor of Surgery who has a law degree and an MBA!

That aside, Boeing needs a revision in shop floor and design practices, and the bean counters / stock market speculators must keep their sticky hands off the cash, or there never will be enough cash for new projects...or will require borrowing, generating commissions for those involved.

As for NVidia, someone will do a Linux or Android on them, and their near monopoly will collapse, I would sell their shares by fall.
There are many chip makers and designers out there, also fabs.
If you think Intel, ARM and others have nothing in the pipeline, you may be wrong.

And as Bonsai hints, there is a lot of speculation and money involved in stock valuation, and there are many other instances of that in many fields, not just aircraft manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.