Global Warming/Climate Change hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.
The total is way higher and the per-capita may not be favourable if the US persons are themselves more polluting than others. I think we need some research on how polluting individual Americans are. Then we can decide who gets it - the cows or the capita!
You may argue this is a moot point. (groan)
Here's a start.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

People are strange.

Veganism vs global warming...
Mind boggles.

maybe we should discuss the re-emergence of fascism too?

my point was:
if one wants to discuss such topic there are more suitable forums just for that.

And no, veganism, or drinking, are not a potential terminal threat to the society or the world as we know it.

i will now retreat and no longer take part in this mindless discussion.

Mindless to you maybe. Other than scare mongering headlines in the oh so reputable media, what are your other sources of information, and why cant this be a scientific debate rather than the emotional one you present?
There are smarter people than you and I that have studied this that claim the mathematical models are not conclusive.

This thread saddens me: it reminds me of my boss, who has by and large has a brilliant career in biotech(he's on the sunset of his career), is a climate change denier of sorts. I struggle to reconcile the juxtaposition between his clear intellectual horsepower and this denial. It just makes me wonder if we're just not wired for some of these issue abstract issues (and leaves me wondering where my massive blindspots are).

Mindless to you maybe. Other than scare mongering headlines in the oh so reputable media, what are your other sources of information, and why cant this be a scientific debate rather than the emotional one you present?
There are smarter people than you and I that have studied this that claim the mathematical models are not conclusive.

you are barking at the wrong tree mate.

I am a firm believer in climate change / global warming, etc. and that we the people are the main cause.
I am a farmer after all and can see all the problems first hand unlike most of the city folk.
mindless is the effort of the deniers to discredit all the facts.

there is no debate to be had, plenty of evidence available, what we need is action, at all levels, including you and me.
enough empty talk, hot air generation ala Trump-et, or noise polution as I call it.

you better be more careful next time when trying to sound smart.

DPH writes about blind spots, but here discussing deaf spots may be more appropriate. When one examines the range of audio sources, amplifiers and speakers (plus acoustics), not everyone can be 'correct'.
We seem to have varying tastes in sound reproduction, so perhaps being 'right' is not the issue.
However in the case of climate change, it is strictly a matter of measurement and analysis by some 6000 scientists around the world and 7,000,000 date points.
It is rigorous.

popcorn.gif

I've been wondering how "they're" faking the rising sea level.
It depends on where they measure it from.
In the UK the south is sinking and the north is rising.
If you measured the height of the sea from the center of London the reading would show that the sea level is rising.
If you took a measurement from the center of Inverness in the north the sea level would be falling because the land is rising.

+1G !!!

These days everyone can find a conspiracy website that supports their doubts and fears of the scientific society, even seeding doubt that scientists are part of some secret movement or conspiracy, e.g. funded by who else by George Soros or some kind of uber-elite Illuminati types, etc., etc.

In the past, those who gained knowledge generally fared better than those who did not. These days even people dumb as a rock have a cell phone, twitter account, post a blog about whatever they are doing, and in general feel like they know much about everything. I have first hand experience with this because I am closely related to such a person and sometimes conversation can be very painful. They can present vast amounts of "data" (crap they read on the wonderful world wide web) that it is impossible to present much of a defense using scientific rationale, etc. because the basis is unclear and inaccessible, often claimed to be "covered up" by governments and corporations (and George Soros, of course!).

While many consider George Orwell's 1984 as a dark foretelling of our future, to me it seems more like the movie Idiiocracy...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have a "relative" that spouted something so nonsensical at a family gathering that I had to ask repeatedly if they were serious!
Follow along...if you can: "Did you know that the Pope, Buzz Aldrin, and Barack Obama went to Antarctica to search for an ancient civilization living under the south pole?"
All I could think was...WTF! :eek: OMG! :eek: WTF! :eek::eek:

Mike

i will now retreat and no longer take part in this mindless discussion.
you are barking at the wrong tree mate.

I am a firm believer in climate change / global warming, etc. and that we the people are the main cause.
I am a farmer after all and can see all the problems first hand unlike most of the city folk.
mindless is the effort of the deniers to discredit all the facts.

there is no debate to be had, plenty of evidence available, what we need is action, at all levels, including you and me.
enough empty talk, hot air generation ala Trump-et, or noise polution as I call it.

you better be more careful next time when trying to sound smart.
What's going on here? :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.