Global Warming/Climate Change hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread saddens me: it reminds me of my boss, who has by and large has a brilliant career in biotech(he's on the sunset of his career), is a climate change denier of sorts. I struggle to reconcile the juxtaposition between his clear intellectual horsepower and this denial. It just makes me wonder if we're just not wired for some of these issue abstract issues (and leaves me wondering where my massive blindspots are).
So he is the one who denies that the climate changes. Wow! I sure remember how the summer from previous year wasn't the same as this year's summer. It's easy to compare and find out that the climate changes.

Watch the following transpire before your eyes

Six Stages of Climate Change Denial
1. CO2 is not actually increasing.

2. Even if CO2 is increasing, the increase has no impact on the climate since there is no convincing evidence of warming.

3. Even if there is warming, it is due to natural causes.

4. Even if the warming cannot be explained by natural causes, the human impact is small, and the impact of continued greenhouse gas emissions will be minor.

5. Even if the current and future projected human effects on Earth’s climate are not negligible, the changes are generally going to be good for us.

6. Whether or not the changes are going to be good for us, humans are very adept at adapting to changes; besides, it’s too late to do anything about it , and/or a technological fix is bound to come along when we really need it.

Attachments

• Climate Change.jpg
    Climate Change.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Conspiracy-Venn.png
    Conspiracy-Venn.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 199
you are barking at the wrong tree mate.

I am a firm believer in climate change / global warming, etc. and that we the people are the main cause.
I am a farmer after all and can see all the problems first hand unlike most of the city folk.
mindless is the effort of the deniers to discredit all the facts.

there is no debate to be had, plenty of evidence available, what we need is action, at all levels, including you and me.
enough empty talk, hot air generation ala Trump-et, or noise polution as I call it.

you better be more careful next time when trying to sound smart.

No I don't agree, there is no proof of what is the cause, if indeed there is any global warming. Its absurd to think cow farts will end life as we know it.

Just think about this, Al Gore is selling global warming, no alarm bells?

So he is the one who denies that the climate changes. Wow! I sure remember how the summer from previous year wasn't the same as this year's summer. It's easy to compare and find out that the climate changes.

Wow, I think your mother language is English, so I'm baffled how you drew that conclusion from what I wrote.

No, he likes to undermine the scientific models because they're not perfectly predicting what's happening. Baby out with the bathwater to stuff. Never mind that pretty much every model, especially the more robust ones point the same direction, with differences in the details. Then he conveniently ignores that we do disease modeling and trying to predict progression from sparse data vand are doing even worse with our work by a mile. He defends our work to the death.

But you like to ignore data (especially anything academic) that is inconvenient to your established position and pick and choose your sources carefully to fit your ideology. So I trust what you write about as far as I can throw you, which is not at all.

Wow, I think your mother language is English, so I'm baffled how you drew that conclusion from what I wrote.

No, he likes to undermine the scientific models because they're not perfectly predicting what's happening. Baby out with the bathwater to stuff. Never mind that pretty much every model, especially the more robust ones point the same direction, with differences in the details. Then he conveniently ignores that we do disease modeling and trying to predict progression from sparse data vand are doing even worse with our work by a mile. He defends our work to the death.

But you like to ignore data (especially anything academic) that is inconvenient to your established position and pick and choose your sources carefully to fit your ideology. So I trust what you write about as far as I can throw you, which is not at all.
Since Luke (poster above) brought up Al Gore, it just reminded me of something that has already happened. Why did they change the term from Global Warming to Climate Change? I know the answer but am curious what yours is.

I found it to be inaccurate and poor "science".
You are right and the film exaggerated the greenhouse gas. Propaganda is rife on both sides.
There is something to be learned from it despite this. I had not previously considered how grossly inefficient animal rearing is as a source of food and how much damage it does to the environment. Also animal welfare arguments and human health arguments.
The lower estimate of 15% greenhouse gas creation is not that low.

This thread saddens me: it reminds me of my boss, who has by and large has a brilliant career in biotech(he's on the sunset of his career), is a climate change denier of sorts. I struggle to reconcile the juxtaposition between his clear intellectual horsepower and this denial. It just makes me wonder if we're just not wired for some of these issue abstract issues (and leaves me wondering where my massive blindspots are).

I'm not surprised that there are audiophiles/hobbyists who buy into climate denial despite the science or many of the other divisive rhetorics of today. Just look at the demographics and the traits of that demographic.

One of the lessons I've learned over the years in this hobby online is that despite all the talk, tribalism trumps genuine scientific inquiry (yes, this is a big generalization). And climate denial is an example of tribalism.

Watch the following transpire before your eyes

Six Stages of Climate Change Denial
1. CO2 is not actually increasing.

2. Even if CO2 is increasing, the increase has no impact on the climate since there is no convincing evidence of warming.

3. Even if there is warming, it is due to natural causes.

4. Even if the warming cannot be explained by natural causes, the human impact is small, and the impact of continued greenhouse gas emissions will be minor.

5. Even if the current and future projected human effects on Earth’s climate are not negligible, the changes are generally going to be good for us.

6. Whether or not the changes are going to be good for us, humans are very adept at adapting to changes; besides, it’s too late to do anything about it , and/or a technological fix is bound to come along when we really need it.

thanks for branding me, I never saw myself as a climate change denier, i just haven't been convinced its a thing. But this has become religion rather than science. Tell this guy he's an idiot. He also talks about your attitude towards those that dare to ask questions. Please try and keep an open mind and watch it.

YouTube

A persons perspective will depend on their personal experiences.
There are still people alive who have survived:
A world war
Oil running out any time now
Ozone layer disappearing leading to deadly radiation
Air pollution crisis
Threat of extinction by global nuclear war
Predicted extinction by incurable diseases
Predicted extinction by meteor impact

Now we are cool about all these things we need to get properly serious about the real threat which is rising sea levels. It’s just one thing after another when you are a human.

I think the comments under that Youtube clip pretty much undermines any argument its trying to make.

Again, tribalism.

At any rate, it's unfortunate moderators seem to think this is a perspective worth legitimizing. I look forward to threads on how women really don't have what it takes to be audiophiles something something science, and the danger of chemtrails.

So people who don't share your world view should be censored? Anyone who doesn't agree with it is a conspiracy theorist? You forgot to mention flat earthers.

Movie? I though it was a documentary.

No, definitely fiction. It was about the future, remember? And we have even bigger tv's available for purchase now. Not to mention automated trash burn facilities, someone still has to pick up the trash though, which is proving a challenge. I do that from time to time, also on vacation I spend a lot of time picking trash.
Want change? Start with the only person one can decide things for. Sometimes other people start doing it also.

It depends on where they measure it from.
In the UK the south is sinking and the north is rising.
If you measured the height of the sea from the center of London the reading would show that the sea level is rising.
If you took a measurement from the center of Inverness in the north the sea level would be falling because the land is rising.

The UK isn't the whole world, there are many other places all around the world, on every continent where the sea level is rising....or are we supposed to believe the whole damned world is sinking into the sea?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.