John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit.....oh yah (your gonna love this one) I found that disturbing the system in any way such as changing of speaker wire did indeed ‘upset’ the system. It usually took anywhere from 30-90 min to settle.....sometimes a little longer. And it’s not wiping off oxidation......it never really had time.
It's probably the squidgy part of the system that's settling

In other words, when you listen to music, do you listen as a musician or as someone from outside that background experience?

Not in the least, nothing but visual arts here. I had an observation yesterday that there are some here that on occasion actually talk about music and share some of it and those that rarely talk about anything other than what's wrong in detail with its reproduction.

Connect a speaker to a power transformer secondary and take a listen as items turn on and off......not all that much different to this drone track.

The tambura is part of traditional Indian classical music so are elements of accompanying drone. Maybe you should stick with AC/DC.

But as you said he does both.

La Monte Young - The Second Dream Of The High-Tension Line Stepdown Transformer
YouTube

Edit.....oh yah (your gonna love this one) I found that disturbing the system in any way such as changing of speaker wire did indeed ‘upset’ the system. It usually took anywhere from 30-90 min to settle.....sometimes a little longer. And it’s not wiping off oxidation......it never really had time.

When I look at any system that transforms or transmits information from one form to another, I like to see just how far I break it down to its smallest and simplest understandable components. Then, and only then will I know that the slightest change of composition, structure or energised state of any one component will and does effect directly, and indirectly, all other components within the signal chain.

Whether one can perceive it, or measure it, is an entirely different matter.

So in effect, I agree with you.

We have Mantras playing over breakfast at home. This YouTube is the current version, but we have 4 or 5 different recordings of this depending on mood.

I like that :)

Generally speaking I'm not into drones or overly repetitive or minimalist music, Philip Glass for instance bores me. I tend to prefer things more complicated that will take me on a journey and surprise me with unexpected twists and turns, probably why I quite like dissonance too.

You never apologised for calling me a 'whinging Pom' Let he who is blameless cast the first stone and all that...
Oh, the irony......

Andrew's spreading of misinformation has has nothing to do with you.
I searched and did not find evidence of your claim, however if you would like me to apologise please provide the contextual evidence and we can go from there.
If you cannot provide such evidence promptly then I want you to apologise also.

Dan.

Do any of you guys play an instrument, or learn composition, music theory, arrangement, orchestration?

In other words, when you listen to music, do you listen as a musician or as someone from outside that background experience?
I play piano a bit. I don't analyse music when I listen if that's what you mean, but I feel after I've played for a while I enjoy and appreciate what I'm listening to more.

La Monte Young - The Second Dream Of The High-Tension Line Stepdown Transformer
YouTube
got me.jpg

Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.