quality of new threads going downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2014
Paid Member
+1 @DF96. My wife likes the fact that I fix stuff, not the fact that I will fix anything! I've met the enslaving type of woman, but they are not the norm. The norm is loving, nurturing relationships where two people develop and grow together.

I think the quality of this thread has gone downhill mind :p

I suspect that this is how previous societies and civilizations in our history have collapsed.

VenusFly,
You don't have continue on in so much ignorance trying to understand people. A lot is already pretty well researched and understood if you will take the time to study. I always recommend that people start with two books that should be studied carefully as though there will be an important exam you will have to pass on the material (including the notes and references at the back). Of course, there is much more than two books to get well up to speed, but they are good start. The first is Daniel Kahneman's, Thinking Fast and Slow, and the other is Jonathan Haidt's, The Righteous Mind. Again, its just a start, but you may as well avail yourself of some enlightenment until it all sinks in enough that you really start to grok it.

VenusFly,
You don't have continue on in so much ignorance trying to understand people. A lot is already pretty well researched and understood if you will take the time to study. I always recommend that people start with two books that should be studied carefully as though there will be an important exam you will have to pass on the material (including the notes and references at the back). Of course, there is much more than two books to get well up to speed, but they are good start. The first is Daniel Kahneman's, Thinking Fast and Slow, and the other is Jonathan Haidt's, The Righteous Mind. Again, its just a start, but you may as well avail yourself of some enlightenment until it all sinks in enough that you really start to grok it.
Alternatively, don't even bother trying to understand people, just accept them the way they are, or not, and move on, unless of course you have a lot of time on your hands........to waste

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
while surrounded by such despondency.

You haven't met the trolls yet have you?
The computer thread.
The computer thread.

Its not despondency, by the UN online troll laws, its criminal behavior.

Online trolls and cyberbullies in NSW face up to five years in jail under law change - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I'm considering leaving the forum yet again. Nothing is going to change and I'm, like you, troubled by the lack of manners of the other members of the forum.

Hell one guy here had his idea stolen and lost thousands of dollars, nothing was done about it. This forum is toxic.

Last edited:
+1 @DF96. My wife likes the fact that I fix stuff, not the fact that I will fix anything!

We all do that :), it's funny my wife has said several times how she admires my tolerance for very eccentric people, the types everyone else runs away from.

For instance we briefly belonged to the local Unitarian Church many years ago. My wife and a few others wanted to actually invite the homeless to the Sunday potluck luncheons. A person showed up with his pet rat that lived inside his trench coat, I though it was cool.

Sensory Processing in Autism: A Review of Neurophysiologic Findings

Don't know about you Pano, but I can certainly relate to some of this. I've had to add some acceptance rules to my behavioural patterns and also "block out" the sounds, so I would not react so much to someone for instance filling a glass of water in another floor. It would annoy me to no end hearing just the tinyest sound disturbance while listening to music. I still go out of the house during vacuuming.

Edit:
Not saying it's a fact, but maybe there are some points to consider.
Interesting.
There's also another factor called perception narrowing that might be related to some areas in autism. Perception narrowing occurs around 6-8 months where the infant seems to have internalized the sounds typically heard in the local language. For instance, in Hindi t & t with dot below are distinctly different sounding to native speakers but non-Hindi speakers cannot differentiate these - babies below 6 months seemingly can differentiate between them -but lose this later in development

Just speculating if this narrowing doesn't occur to the same extent along the autism spectrum?

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
It's pretty clear this is a public forum and any idea posted becomes a public disclosure. There is no purpose in calling the forum toxic.

Shortly after wishing everyone "Cheerio and Good luck everyone, good health to all." and coming back and posting as to why I was absent for the last few months, that my mother was having potentially lethal water retention problems and heart palpitations and that I was caring for her. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/the-lounge/143603-buy-167.html#post5607254
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/the-lounge/300556-whats-movie-watched-50.html#post5627386

After donating 3 times to the forum. (I was considering donating $17 AUD/$10USD every single month, but screw those plans now.). After spending the last 12 months contributing:
The car thread

I got called a pedophile by two members of the forum...
But, I have nothing to hide.
If you were 35 years old and living with mum, your bookmarks might be a little different.;)

And now after being told that my help isn't needed.
I am and would appreciate your undoubted altruism by leaving me alone - thank you.

Nice.

This forum is toxic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.