quality of new threads going downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speculating if this narrowing doesn't occur to the same extent along the autism spectrum?

Seems likely to be related.
I have found it's possible to engage some sort of "narrowing" on any topic. The main problem is time.
When you want to use deep focus on almost everything it becomes a bit difficult, and after a short time one has to prioritize.

+1 for eccentrics! My kind of people :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Feel free to disregard my behavior as autistic. Its a free world.

Fact is I've been hounded by radiosmuck eversince I joined and he's said a hell of a lot more than what he's just said to me recently and he won't be banned, which makes what he said yesterday particularly harming, this isn't a stranger saying these words, radiosmuck has taken his time to get to know me and craft words in the perfect little way to hurt me very personally, like a psychopath would, reason why none of you know any of this is because what he has said has been so offensive that its been removed by the moderators, at my request, several times already.

Its nice to know that those who are friends with me will miss me, I will miss you guys too. But I'm not going to be distressed and have my christmas/new years celebrations ruined by some ****** that should've been banned a long time ago.

Fact is, he wants me gone and won't leave me alone until I leave the forum. So in a way its a christmas present for him that I do leave. YouTube

Cyas! Thanks for all the fish. Those who are my friends will be missed. I'll go enjoy my life without a forum, simple as that, I've got plenty of friends in real life and have plenty of projects to complete. I just won't be sharing them here anymore.

I've got Kerbal Space Program to play anyway.

Last edited:
It is normal for everyone to think they see reality as it truly is, more so than others do. It is a very compelling illusion, perhaps in some ways like the illusion of sighted listening. Hard to convince one's self it isn't real, because it seems so real.

In truth, all humans are detached from reality in lots of ways. Not usually enough to prevent survival, but sometimes even to that extent. And one of the big biases is over-confidence bias. Could be over confidence someone is a shill, often based on rather ambiguous evidence. But, the sense of certainty is so compelling. Hard to believe it isn't real.

Another thing to consider, audio is relatively penny-ante business. No IC opamps made just for audio by the big guys. Market is too small. Where is the real money? Drug companies is one place. You guys know very little about what the pro's know about how to persuade. Robert Cialdini wrote a couple of books intended for the popular press that are used as textbooks by business schools. They are, Influence, and Pre-suasion. Some of it is probably more advanced than you know how to defend against.

"Do we see reality as it is?"

Seems likely to be related.
I have found it's possible to engage some sort of "narrowing" on any topic. The main problem is time.
When you want to use deep focus on almost everything it becomes a bit difficult, and after a short time one has to prioritize.

+1 for eccentrics! My kind of people :)
Yep, eccentrics are much more interesting

The "perception narrowing" I'm talking about is not a conscious thing that can be controlled, it seems to happen subconsciously whereby we automatically subconsciously filter sounds such that certain differences are no longer audible us - the example of the Hindi language sounds illustrates this.

What you seem to be talking about is the conscious use of attention & focus by which we narrow the field of perception to particular aspects

Venus, I find it funny how you cry victim yet you are responsible for some of the worst diatribes I've read on this forum.

For instance, I find your assertion that all SUV drivers are either "drug addicts" or "cowards" during this vicious tirade The car thread quite offensive.

You do realise that SUV owners make up a fairly large demographic? Just last year, SUVs had 40% of the market share in Australia which is more than all other passenger vehicles combined. That is a lot of people to generalise as not being 'normal human beings', 'fake macho', 'gangster' blah blah ad nauseum.

You say "people who don't care about the environment, driving SUVs" and yet you drive a 4 litre falcon? Which burns twice the fuel as most SUVs? 11.5l/100km vs 6l/100km, in a vehicle that wouldn't even pass the euro 4 emissions?

You claim victimisation, but perhaps you should wonder if one of your 'fans' is merely someone that you accused of being a "drug addict" in one of your many rants?

I honestly feel sorry for you and hope that you find some healing with your friends over Christmas.

Venus, I find it funny how you cry victim yet you are responsible for some of the worst diatribes I've read on this forum.

For instance, I find your assertion that all SUV drivers are either "drug addicts" or "cowards" during this vicious tirade The car thread quite offensive.
If you actually think about it, the real victims are those who haven’t found a way to be one already.;)

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Venus, me/we are the victims here, your postings are designed to generate reactionary replies knowing full well that no one in their right mind will agree with you.
I always make sure I take my medication first thing every morning.

I find the 'ignore list' very useful. If I read BS-iting post from someone who clearly does not deserve my response, I place him in the bin and never ever need to worry about reading his posts.

I've observed that especialy in The Lounge section here threads tend to be sub par. Most recent example is that weird thread about women, whose demand is like that of a hole in the head. Maybe the admins want to do some clean-up here?

To maintain level in the technical sections, we simply need to rigorously denounce all themes as BS that advocate snake oil theories, e.g. random parts rolling, wonder cables etc.

Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.