What are you drinking?

Had a couple of really crappy beers that were just for the buzz. Now a few glasses of some nice tequila neat to chase the blues away. Been really enjoying sipping decent Tequila lately to wind down after long days at work, and the not so great stuff I've needed to get my head around lately.

Anyhow, Arriba!

Freeze concentrated - Legal remedy's double indemnity IPA freeze concentrated to about 35% abv from a mere 8.6. Its illegal if its freeze distilled, so I'm freeze concentrating it.
Oskar blues old chub scotch ale is waiting in the wings - that didn't improve when freeze concentrated so I left it alone.

This freeze concentrating is weird. I do it to take out a lot of carbs, which I believe it takes out about 75%, leaving 75%+ of the alcohol in the 20% or so I extract. Some stuff that may be good to start with gets better, LR's DI is one example, so is Bell Ringer. Some that was good gets worse, Old chub is a good example. Some that was bad improves, and other stuff is about the same (Pabst APA stays the same - average to average) But Funky Buddha Hefeweizen - starts out terrible and gets worse. Really no rhyme or reason. Some of the Juicy IPA's start bad and get slightly worse, other Juicy IPA's start bad and get less so … all over the place. You guys should try it. Its definitely fun to experiment - like tube rolling, or speaker switching or amp switching etc etc.

Cool.
Srinath.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Bob Dylan's bourbon. Good stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_170907651.jpg
    IMG_20190913_170907651.jpg
    726.1 KB · Views: 115
With such a bourbon you need to tell an interesting joke on the topic. As two guys decided to pee at night from the bridge. The guy who was from Scotland noticed that the water in the river is very cold! And another guy who was from Tennessee said that he felt the water in the river was not only cold, but also very deep.