What Was the FIRST Cinema Movie You watched?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, now that I think about it some more, my very first movie might have been "Darby O'Gill & the little people" - not my choice, my parents brought me. Even at this age I thought it a bit of a cheesy, stage-Oirish, fiasco but I enjoyed the effects, nonetheless.

Edit: Yes this was the infamous concert in which the audience were pretty rowdy & Waters & crew were pissed off (fireworks being let off in the crowd, etc). Eventually a member climbed on stage & Waters spat in his face. This concert was the genesis for the concept of "The Wall". Check it out here: http://www.pinkfloydz.com/montreal77...977_part_1.htm

I must have seen them on the same tour. That happened in Louisville also.

I must have seen them on the same tour. That happened in Louisville also.

Yes, I believe there was trouble all through the North American tour - I think it was the Animals Tour (at least I seem to remember inflatable Pigs, etc) but did he spit in a fans face in Louisville also?

Edit: It was called "In the Flesh" tour on the back of the Animals album. I remember the sound of that concert being superlative - it was a surround sound experience. In such a large stadium this was an amazing achievement.

Last edited:
Weeellllll! On the age front this gives the game away. The first was 'Mother Wore Tights' with Ethel Merman and the second was 'Three Ring Circus' with Jack Pallance! These were both shown in a flea-pit cinema in rural Ireland and I was a long way from 10 years old!! My God Mother then took me to see 'A song to Remember'; that was in Dublin - on St. Stephen's Green. It was my first exposure to Classical music - which is my staple musical diet still, although augmented by such (occasional) delights as Wee Willie Dixon, Guthrie Senior - and Junior, Dylan, John Jacob Niles, Julie Felix (who I saw live only two years ago here in Scotland) and almost any good jazz.

Last edited:
I'm getting quite hooked on Bollywood films... the women are soooo BEAUTIFUL!
Cheers!

If you can ever make it to India you would admire the sculpture which adorns the temples, gopuram etc. While my Western Civ has saints with sour pusses adorned in robes on the side of cathedrals, Indian sculpture radiates life and beauty with the figures seemingly ready to jump off the walls. If you can visit the South of India once in your life it is worth the investment. It's no wonder Bollywood attracts such huge audiences.

I saw Wild Bunch in film class -- about the only elective I was able to fit in as a chem major -- a survey course which started with Dorothy and Lillian Gish and the Biograph Films to those of the late 1960's.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Okay, back on topic :D

Well OK, that was a little bit off topic.
Who else can recall every film they have seen in a cinema? I can (but not a huge list):

1) The Never Ending Story (I liked it – I was 7)
2) Gremlins II (ho-hum)
3) Bram Strokers Dracula (long, boring crap)
4) Alien 3 (ho-hum)
5) Speed (ho-hum, but almost anything with Sandra Bullock in it is watchable )
6) The Lord of the rings; the first one (YAWN!)

I only went to the last one because I found myself at a mates place, and he had a cinema ‘Gold Pass’, received as a birthday gift or something, which gets the holder and a friend free entry to any film for 12 months. The 3rd guy had a pensioner’s discount card, they wanted to go, so, the three of us got in for a grand total of $7.
At the end I think we unanimously concluded that that was a waste of $7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.