What Was the FIRST Cinema Movie You watched?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are many beliefs on this earth like...

A cow is holy in India and is never slaughtered.

Most of the non-Hindus will humiliate on this.
That shows how shallow is the individual's knowledge.

This is an incident...
when I was traveling from Delhi to Jaipur in an overnight journey in a bus. There were mosquitoes in the bus. One of the foreign tourist while killing one said 'Or are they holy like the cow...'

After some hours, we became bus acquaintances...
I asked this tourist... Have u been to Gujarat, one state of India where this belief came from?
He had not been there.

The state of Gujarat is full of barren land, no rains(highly unpredictable), extreme climate, no trees. The people will raise few cows in the house for milk.

Which one is logical... slaughter the cow or let it live to give you milk throughout, by eating from the lands around.

Please don't write a small para on the beliefs of others, I don't say u have to understand all that is around, but don't forget, the religion u wrote from is the oldest religion on the face of the earth, and it has survived without any missionaries.

I will not write anything about other missionaries.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Oh man, that was just a plainly factual paragraph on the role of the Lingam in Hindu phallic worship. Admittedly, the transcendent beauty of the Shiva & Kali love story myth is lost on me, but each to their own.

If it’s any consolation, the Japanese take phallic worship to a whole other level :

Hounen Matsuri

:D :D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Huh! Were you a film censor or film critic :D

Just film obsessed. I worked in the biz and also worked a lot of film festivals.

I realized this morning that I used to keep a list of all the films I'd seen, so that my Alzheimer’s wouldn't wipe it all out and I could answer questions like GK's. But I lost the list years ago, um... forgot where i put it.....

The first movie I took my kids to was "Song of the South" -- played at the Port Washington or Manhasset NY Cinema -- #2 son cried through the last 1/4 of the film. While it was released in 1946, they brought the film back every 10 years or so and I had seen it in the 'fifties. I don't think it will ever again be seen on the big screen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.