John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay,

If I have an air dielectric parallel plate capacitor consisting of two 12" round plates one inch apart:

What is the capacitance?

If I apply 5000 volts to this what is the charge?

What is the energy stored?

If I move the plates 12" apart while maintaining the charge what will the resulting voltage be?

What will the stored energy be?

The last question should be obvious.

Sorry, yes, fusion.

You don't need to push the plates back. You need to prevent them from closing together. They are doing work on your hands, but your hands are not very good at turning mechanical work back into chemical energy so it will all end up as heat.

For the most part. There are a number of interesting secondary energy loss paths. The actual experiment is quite interesting.

Nope, there's been no reputable/repeatable data published showing that it works in a vacuum (they only cite "preliminary" work by Naudin, who can be charitably described as a crank, some might lean toward charlatan).

Note that this isn't a paper, it's an Army report, not peer-reviewed. I can find similar glowing reports for the now-unmasked-as-fraud bomb sniffers based on dowsing.

Now Sy, I have been there and I know the only way to tell the subjective weight of the two conditions is to bend the leads the right way, charge them up (or just one I guess) and have an unknowing test subjects pick them up.

The compliance of the dielectric comes into play when the capacitor hits the floor, usually at a distance and after the test subject due to the muscle reaction. If you make a dat recording, you can hear and time out the snap/huu sound, the thud and then the clack of the capacitor hitting the floor.
It is important to act surprised when conducting this kind of experiment and limit the total charge to no more than a few thousand Joules.

Best
Professor R.F. Burns
Department of Excessive Electrical Stimuli
Dunning Kruger University
DEES complex, anex C, grant building, floor 8

Join Scientists United for Government Grants today and get a free Hannamatsu scintillation detector!

Nope, there's been no reputable/repeatable data published showing that it works in a vacuum (they only cite "preliminary" work by Naudin, who can be charitable described as a crank, some might lean toward charlatan).

Note that this isn't a paper, it's an Army report, not peer-reviewed. I can find similar glowing reports for the now-unmasked-as-fraud bomb sniffers based on dowsing.

That is correct it is not peer reviewed. But you might look at the NASA patents!

I said the government has spent lots of money chasing the idea. Obviously the success is apparent by the vast numbers of anti-gravity flying cars.

Now I have a fairly accurate jeweler's scale and am quite capable of measuring tens of micrograms of change. So what do you think happens when I take a 10,000 uF capacitor and compare the weight uncharged vs charged?

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I bought a few hundred 862 with that very concern in mind.

Process 69 is a pretty-nice small signal PNP, the 2N3251A et al. It appears from the characteristic curves to have a decent Vbe magnitude match to Process 23, at least from National at that time. The latter chip is in their 2N3904, which I find a lot of folks still consider good enough for about anything.

I better order myself a free reel quickly then from the company sample store :D

Status
Not open for further replies.