John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
I've been revisiting Bob Ludwig's LP's on Nonesuch and continue to be amazed at how little the "high" rez digital world has brought to the party.
Many of those are outstanding, and I tend to forget about them until I play one "by accident".

Lately I'm listening to Sheffield d-to-d's in remembrance of Doug Sax. Too many people dying lately, but at least some are provoking tributes.

I'm still nowhere close to understanding why vinyl can sound so good when we all know it measures so questionably. Toole is thoroughly disenchanted with the medium and gave me the last few feet of his LPs which he'd been saving out of nostalgia. I was tickled. Lot of d-to-d, test records, old spoken word and folk, etc.

These recent posts inspired me to invent a phrase - 'middle finger wisdom'. I doubt it's original but I reinvented the wheel a few years ago and still enjoyed it.

Sometimes you MUST be selfish. Not about hogging all the bacon but about simply about preparing your life to grow all your positive qualities. Only after you are clever enough that you never NEED to be selfish, can you even poke at altruism.

Middle finger wisdom appears to be knowing when to withdraw and help yourself, even if others are devaluing, wasting, or constantly begging for your attention.

However that is only my best guess as to the colloquial definition. In reality it could be something else entirely. Initial Google results show promise:

Then, I thought, if this one finger has so much power, what would happen if that power were directed more positively?

The Power of the Middle Finger | Prana Pages ? TeriLeigh

Status
Not open for further replies.