• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Searching two quad potentiomers 100k linear

Hello All

I'm looking for two 9 or 16 mm 100 quad potis in 100k ohms linear.
After browsing through all of the Mousers, Digikeys and known shops, I am a little perplexed because many producers have listed quad potis in their data sheets, but nobody has them in their inventory. I am currently building an LC audio subwoofer filter and need two of them.

Does someone perhaps have two quad potis in the home stock or does someone know a shop that still carries this versions?

Thank you in advance!

Josoeff

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've never seen them listed anywhere (usual suppliers) but they are available.

OMEG manufacture these. Might be worth approaching them if you can not turn anything up.

Potentiometer Switch

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-14 120330.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-14 120330.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 125
I have actually written to a number of suppliers, but have not received any feedback so far.
It's very strange, when I was restoring my Teac A-BX 10 I only found the quad poti in Japan, there was simply no quad poti available at that time and at the moment there are a lot of RK27 quad pots on offer -but no 9 or 16 mm ones :-(

The only available quad poti is a 9 mm one from Bourns (PTD904-1015F-A104 ), it's logarithmic but better than no pot.
The miniature poti does not fit on the soldering points of the board and I thought about whether you can separate the two rear of the four levels and connect them with a coupling. Has someone made experience with the disassembly of such a poti?
Theoretically, you could also place four rotary trimmers one behind the other and connect them mechanically with one common axis. However, I have not yet located suitable trimmers

Attachments

• poti_sub_xover.JPG
    poti_sub_xover.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Bourns Quadpot.JPG
    Bourns Quadpot.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 55
That's a good idea. There would be different conductor lines to be laid, the biggest problem is probably my holes, which would make the board Swiss cheese. I could use a breadboard as a drilling template, but it would be difficult to position it well on the assembled board. If I can't find a suitable potentiometer, I will probably wire the 9 mm poti freely.