• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lots of Toroids and Transformers for Sale!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

I did a huge clean-up at the R&D facility where I work, and I have close to 100 various transformers to sell. I'm going through the painstaking process of testing each one, so I'll be posting them in groups of 20 or so over the next several days.

These are all audio grade transformers that are either directly from production, or samples for new products.

All of these transformers are in like-new condition unless otherwise noted. They all have original leads unless otherwise noted. If I post a transformer on here, it means I have tested it, and it produces the correct voltage on all windings.

The list is attached as a .pdf. Note that ALL SECONDARY VOLTAGES are measured with 120VAC 60Hz on the primary. Even if the transformer is rated as a 240V 50Hz part.

Pricing:

700VA - $75
550VA - $55
500VA - $50
See sheet for all prices and exceptions.

I used the 19-0-19VAC parts for the Pass Labs FirstWatt stuff and they work very well. My rail voltage with one of those in an F5 is exactly 24VDC

Send me a note if you're interested, with your zip code so I can quote shipping. Refer to the toroids by their number from the list.

You are responsible for shipping, and I'll give you the price before confirming the sale. Payment via Paypal only.

No overseas shipping. These things are too heavy.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• toroids.jpg
    toroids.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,735

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Twitchie,

I'll be driving through on the way home for Christmas on December 22nd, but that's about it. We could possibly arrange something for then, but I'd have to double check times and dates.

Shipping with Canada Post might be a better bet, at least if you need them before Christmas time. It's reasonably cheap to Toronto (for both with expedited parcel is $14 and takes 1 day)

Let me know!

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Well, I made it to number 40, and a few have sold, so here's the updated list.

ungie and john65b:

There is one on the list that is exactly 28-0-28 and another few that are quite close. Close enough that they would probably work just fine.

Remember, all these are measured on exactly 120VAC so if your mains are closer to 115 then you can drop a volt or two off these ratings.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• toroids 2.pdf
    14.3 KB · Views: 191

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Looks like T11, T15, T24, T25, T30 and T31 are sold.

T26, T27, T3 are all pending. Others are up for grabs.

I have 16 or so toroids left to post, all with potted cores, and most with dual outputs.

I should have them measured and posted by tomorrow.

I also have about 50 or so EI core transformers, so I'll be looking into those over the next little bit and getting them posted.

PS, the larger toroids come with mounting hardware.

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Well, the rest of the toroids are measured, and the final list is posted. Some of these have more than one output voltage, so the load sharing is a little confusing. In general, the lower voltage center winding is the high current one, and the higher outer winding is low current.

Eg.

T46-T49 have:

78-0-78 @0.275A
59-0-59 @5.9A

If you have any specific questions about the load for each winding, let me know and I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• toroids final.pdf
    15.4 KB · Views: 181

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Preston,

Any of the 19-0-19 transformers would work for you, and T1 or T2 would likely be the best bet. They're definitely overkill for for a 20W/channel chip amp, but if you decide to build something else in the future, a higher VA 19-0-19 transformer is very flexible. Most of the Firstwatt projects use this voltage.

To get the DC voltage obtained from a full-wave rectifier, just multiply the AC voltage by 1.414. So in this case, a 19-0-19 transformer will give you about +/-26.9 volts DC minus the diode drop. Under load this voltage will sag a little, and with a class A amplifier like the F5, you would get almost exactly 24V rails.

That chip is well capable of handling a few extra volts, so there's no worries there.

If you're interested, send me a note to owen.columbus and I'm using gmail. I'd be glad to answer any other questions you have.

Happy Building!
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.