Offset-Mouth TH....

While working on the BOXPLAN workbook for the TH-SPUD tonight, I was struck with an idea - would there be any value in placing the mouth of a TH not at the end of the expansion, but offset from it, e.g. at S4 instead of S5 (so S4-S5 becomes a stub that's closed at S5)? The offset could possibly be used to null out one of the out of band resonances that THs can be subject to.

Is it possible to model such a beast in Hornresp?

Hello Brian,

It would indeed result in a reflection that could out cancel some frequencies, but if you want to cancel some frequencies out of the total system response a better solution would be to do this in electronic part of the audio chain.

If you want to cancel out some specific frequencies spikes, that are originated from resonances within the horn, you can not do this in electronic part. You have to place some closed end stubs inside the horn at the exact right place. See for instance the DTS20.

gr. Marcel

Not the same , but an interesting look at a compound pioe minus one driver entry point (the short side mirror path) creating a stub in what was a paraflex HTRes.

oD closed .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 134
Thus is what I wanted you to check out??

-990 at 860 hz.

That repeats over and over again at that same interval of 860 Hz the Entire Way out through 22 more in the 20k of horn resp/human hearing span.

It also rides in a ripple of 48,96 and 192 hz between those and the math sneaks in at 191 every now and then so it fits in between every other 860 interval meeting 1720-ish is when that swaps. But what happens is the pattern and all of those numbers as they climb are the exact same sequence that we can see lots of numbers that some of which are 1728 (0) with a zero is 12×12×12 or the inch in the cubic foot and square foot. But 864s also diameter of the sun and Decimals shift and all this will be the metric system effectively but it works and frequencies to as you go up it would seem 860 From the 864 that it becomes , (or that it prior to that was in the long long version of math Where the numbers will repeat themselves though they will be longer or much shorter inevitably they become repetitive version of the same thing only slightly changed and all of that) to that is the number of seconds in a day on earth (86400) (1440 minutes) which is also diameter son and half the diameter of the sun, is the radius 432 squared , is the speed of light at 186xxx andthe long list of numbers that that that represents there after is ridiculous but the 30 cm that is being used to start /beginning of the same as if you draw a right triangle above the planet earth and the short leg is 864 mm and the triangle acute angle at the sun outwawrd towards the earth at 30° , the hypotenuse will be 1728 and the long leg will be the 150 that is the second entry also the distance from the sun to the earth. (30 is the angle of the speed of light is parallax to the parsec in the light-year ) That’s only the beginning I could fill out four pages of factual information into Regards to this and perfect to the decimal point…

This is the kind of thing that has scientists in astronomers going nuts about the wave links in visible light and red shift and how they judge the age of stars or the distance that things are away from us and hear it’s doing the same thing except it’s a simulation of making sound in a box??

Whatever the case maybe you can swap different drivers in here and tweak the CSA in whatever way is appropriate and still linger in this area where the 860 is repetitive and you were still working the proportion of the parallax angle of the speed of light. To the matter what it comes up with these very unique numbers which in physics are absolute explanations of things that are spinning and has been for so long that they are in a position which would occur obviously overtime no matter what a lot of time a lot of mass a lot of spinning put in the perspective of reality not just from earth but here we are looking at the same thing in a different way as people from earth so to speak and it represents if you look closer and closer very specific things that exist in the solar system as well.

I don’t know what this means but I know that they represent those things and then it represents even more deeper you dig the details in the same start revealing even more and more things about our own source system and things about sources to by of the numbers are the numbers. It doesn’t seem to run out of information because it’s really hard to run out of details about all the things to find that would include moons on Jupiter that would include details about awkward orbits like Pluto what really seals the deal is that you can flip this upside down or you can flip our solar system upside down proportionally come backwards upon the same marks and the inner planets with the exterior planets and still be dropping a dime on all these things represented in the same both of which point out the Jupiter and Saturn are the same The same way when I remove the motor from the paraflex model it’s the white stripe and dip and peek when is the green and it’s the standard compound pipe similar to repair flex though I raised a lot differently and fold them differently but it is now moved up to the equivalent of one entire logarithmic scale and that’s where the 860 starts making that odd ultimate -990 D be there after the cancellation of whatever it takes to align things in this manner????

That’s the best explanation I can really come up with and I was wondering what you thought or in dissecting this what kind of things do you see because I know you really dig deep in some of the stuff looking at the details assuming this represents our solar system and all of those things is there anything peculiar to see that stands out in regards to the details of a speaker simulation and again don’t be shy if wavtnng to toss any driver you might t like may be in there , I just got a car audio turn here but the B&C 18 DS115-4 five works as well with CSA bump, whatever you prefer that fits the generic lengths/Fb setup.

See what you think this is kind of weird that it essentially what’s a perfect circle or a circle as in 360 cm creates such a unique result frequency that represent millions of kilometers in one way and sound pressure details but there’s other things in the face and the other is two that are just more and more of the same kind of what the heck moment when your other screen is connected to a NASA‘s website with all the details and mathematical constants of things in the universe. With a little bit of math to figure out what unit conversions and what not I needed it literally runs into the same things over and over again and the numbers in 860 repetition are absolutely gold in that regard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
The Hubble Constant Discrepancy, a Crisis in Cosmology - YouTube

So what happens in a stub is directly related to some of these things that are seen in a different way in visible light into the discussion in this YouTube video you can kind of grab some of that although I was kind of a dude Geeking Out on stuff, If you really pay attention and don’t get bored you’ll start to see how this is exactly what’s going on in sound I think that isolate and it all comes full circle no pun intended and a lot of things start making sense and then a lot more starts making sense in some things that I’ve really had us all scratching our heads off and in speakers especially when we can explore so many ways in horn response