Spare tire sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I knew it was high in some Honda, etc., size late model cars [made a TH believer out of my neighbor behind me when blew out his rear window on a hot Summer day several years ago], but my only trunk 'sub' was in a 70-1/2 Camaro and it sounded fine for us, though didn't have much gain at all using a pair of Radio Shack 12" 'HIFI' woofers doped to protect them a bit. Didn't measure it, but definitely < in room corner loading that can only peak out at +9 dB.

GM

Sealed boxes seem to suit cars in terms of low frequency extension to the point where I my car plays lower and louder at 14 ha than my home subwoofer using the same drivers.

The only issue is that driving around in the evenings listening to organ music in urban areas seem to freak people out, more so than any other sort of music I have noticed... :D

Besides, the trade off under Hoffman’s law that suits car audio best is to give up efficiency for small size and extension, power is cheap these days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.