Low power infra-sound speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lungs are always under a cycle of pressurization and depressurization... a loudspeaker cone will be sucked or pushed out of it normal excursion (eventually destroyed)
You need a transducer that can endure any load of negative or positive pression while injecting sound puslses in the breathing cycle.

You should use this principle (aseptic) but instead of a rotor you put a solenoid
The surface and the diameter of the tube will be the volume of displaced air and its stiffness should be determinant for the mechanical compliance (breathing flow pressure immunity and the solenoid force)

Last edited:
Pushing Too Much Air - Dangerous ?

I am interested in building much the same thing to loosen mucus in the throat passages and lungs. I suffer from emphysema myself and I must warn you I do not think pushing air in and out is a good thing. It may be possible to damage internal organs if too much pressure is routinely or accidentally used. I have developed a technique where I basically growl the lowest notes I can produce. This seems to help even when I am not moving much air. Consequently, I believe it is the vibration of the sound waves that produces the best effect and it is not the pounding of actual air waves. Again, I think pounding air pressure may be a dangerous condition with possible unhealthy affects.

I too am searching for just the right speaker and intend to provide the audio directly from my PC or laptop. As someone mentioned, the speaker may fit in the casing of a hair dryer. I am shopping for the right speaker to produce the needed freq's and then the housing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.