Spreadsheet for Folded Horn Layouts...

Macro seems to work great!
E1 and E2 are the cells I choose for desired L and S4

Range("D19").Select
Range("D19").GoalSeek Goal:=0, ChangingCell:=Range("D11")
Range("D20").Select
Range("D20").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("E1"), ChangingCell:=Range("D15")
Range("D21").Select
Range("D21").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("E2"), ChangingCell:=Range("D16")

*edit* could probably be refined by eliminating .Select
First try at Macro though.
*edit2* yep it worked.
I have mine bound to Ctrl + L

Last edited:
Brian,
I have downloaded the post1 spreadsheet.
The sheet is not protected.

Please select the cells that the user needs to input data and protect all other cells.

I use blank (no entry) as my password so that experienced users can get in and turn off the cell protection and make modifications to the calculations/colours etc. Then re-protect after mods.

I can do that for my downloaded copy, it's the other less experienced excel users that I am thinking about.

Is post1 the latest version?

I have just found Version 1.5.0 in post58. It too is not protected.

Last edited:
Is there any way to approximate a dual taper TH?
With the expansion rate change in the middle?

Or at least have the expansion guide and reference points for goal seeking the right size for the middle bits.

Don't see why it shouldn't be possible to approximate that type of TH. Try using different settings for the expansion ratios and review the change in expansion using the "Horn Expansion" graph. You may have to ignore optimizing "DCheck", which is basically used to ensure smooth expansion through the entire horn.

It might be even better to find a way to use exported expansion data from HornResp in the Horn Expansion graph - I'll look into modifying the spreadsheet to do this on the weekend.

Brian,
I have downloaded the post1 spreadsheet.
The sheet is not protected.

Please select the cells that the user needs to input data and protect all other cells.

I use blank (no entry) as my password so that experienced users can get in and turn off the cell protection and make modifications to the calculations/colours etc. Then re-protect after mods.

I can do that for my downloaded copy, it's the other less experienced excel users that I am thinking about.

Is post1 the latest version?

I have just found Version 1.5.0 in post58. It too is not protected.

The latest version of the spreadsheet is located at http://www.diysubwoofers.org/misc/Stepped-TH.zip. It's now protected :).

Heloo Master Steele

How difficult would things be to couple the size of the fold diplsay to the actual size of the fold. I have done a couple of designs that are larger than the 70 by 70 cm and they just don't look that great all chopped up and such.

I know give Mark an inch and he takes a centimeter!

Wait a second that is 2.54 cm!

Mark

It should be pretty easy. You'd want to modify the properties of the graph's axes - either change the "max limit" to auto, or set it to a limit that's higher than your design's maximum width and height.

Auto is a german guy I know.

Remember I'm a spread sheet dummy!

Now that out of the way. Haven't you locked this puppy down so we can't mess with it?

And if I can mess with it how do I mess with it?

A bit like playing with electricity without the sparks!:yikes:

Mark

You need to take off the protection on the spreadsheet. Look under the "Tools" menu.

Well I'm about to hit the sack. But I'll take a whack at it tomorrow. Thanks Brian.

Did that info I sent you prove to be of any value?

Mark

I haven't had a chance to take a serious look at it yet - several major projects in the way now, and with my grandmother passing away recently (funeral today), my mind's been occupied with other things.