DIY Enlosure for Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

is there anyone who have good project for metal enclosure for power amp (in any CAD software or picture)? Can u suggest me any design (not to complicate, just to be firmly)? Picture show the layout of the amp.

Thanks.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 614
Ideally, the heat sinks should be mounted outside of the enclosure. If you get the right heat sinks, they can be used as side panels, and easily cut and acquired flat panels could be used for the other panels by bolting them to the heat sinks. Square rod can be used in the corners to help bolt the sides together to the heat sink.

You could also go into a second hand shop and pick up a cheap amplifier gut it and use its case.
I used an old switch mode power supply case for my power amplifier for 5 UK pounds.
The circuit and transformers are mounted on a steel chassis within a solid steel case on rails, so it can be removed and fiddled with at will!

This will often save lots of money and effort and can look as good as a manufactured amp if you find the right case.

Craig

Are you sure those are adequate for a power amplifier???
Depending on what they are meant for. For inspiration, here is two specimens I just finished today. The smaller one would be nice for a small ClassA amp or a hefty classA/B amp. The bigger fellow, well go figure.... If you wonder how the finish is made on alu-plates, have a look at this:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=474195#post474195

Steen:cool:

Attachments

• 2_chassis.jpg
    2_chassis.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 413
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.