pioneer A401 / A400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is right thanks Bas, very kind of you. Well good news, i solved the problem, i swapped the D201 (small 6 pin chip) over to the other channel and the error followed, Just as well I had some flux and solder braid, as its very easy to solder the pins together. now to try and find a replacement somewhere, if anyone has any idea's (maybe two transistors would do the same, I presume they would have to match fairly well). Also found the issue with the marantz amp, power switch was not latching / staying on, and in between fixed a nice quad 405, pre-amp 34 they do really sound nice. And an old leak super 30 + so a successful week all in all. Thanks again everyone for your support and patients with this.

Last edited:
So it was a bum input transistor after all. 2SA1240 is a dual transistor in a peculiar DIP-6 case (basically 2x ECB). I would make sure I buy one of these from a reputable source, they seem expensive enough for counterfeits to be an option and they are all over Chinese sources. A visual comparison with the original and quick check with the multimeter is advised.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Better have a very well matched single pair (with light Re's!) if new sources prove disappointing. Regarding the overall loop gain, any decent bjt can do the job. If you've a pair of 2SA's, BC-pnp's or 2N-pnp's in mind and available, I'll run a quick math for continuity to be sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.