Phase of the harmonics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Even in spite of my amplifier design, I hear very well that ALL amplifiers in the world sound completely different, and this despite the fact that the distortion of the speakers is much greater. I know what this is connected with, this issue has long been studied in psychoacoustics. Most amplifiers sound bad! NADS200 is one of them, and this is not only my opinion, but also the opinion of my friend. This forum also has an opinion. .
What is it connected with?

Im saying your idea of flipping phase twice to change the distortion phases of amps with THD at -120db is ridiculous, inaudable if it even exists. You have shown no proof.
You are also funny and unproven. First you need to understand what needs to be switched and why, and not just the phase twice. In studios, they always control the phase with two ways, objectively, through monitors and with the help of special devices. From this link people don’t hear anything at all, switching the phase even once. Maybe some don't need a good sound at all?
Phase switch on pre amp use? | Audiogon Discussion Forum

What is it connected with?
Psychoacoustics is a scientific discipline that studies the psychological and physiological characteristics of the perception of sound by a person.
In the purely musical aspect, the main tasks of psychoacoustics are the following:
understand how a person’s auditory perception system decrypts a particular sound image;
to establish the basic correspondence between physical stimuli and auditory sensations;
identify exactly the parameters of the audio signal are the most significant for the transmission of semantic (semantic) and aesthetic (emotional) information.

2 cbdb You ask how much it will be in decibels of distortion?

Last edited:
Im saying your idea of flipping phase twice to change the distortion phases of amps with THD at -120db is ridiculous, inaudable if it even exists. You have shown no proof.
Apparently due to a poor understanding of the issue, you always attribute to me your wrong quotes. I myself did not say anything about the influence of the second harmonic on a three-dimensional scene, Nelson Pass said this. I said (and it was not only me alone) that the NADS200 / S100 amplifier does not reproduce a 3D scene well, and its boring sound does not convey emotions. I just assumed that by changing the level of the second harmonic, as I said in the simplest and cheapest way, everyone can try to correct the lack of 3D-scene playback. And I will also try whenever possible. But I never said that this poorly sounding amplifier will be accurately corrected in this way.

identify exactly the parameters of the audio signal are the most significant for the transmission of semantic (semantic) and aesthetic (emotional) information.
What are they was, of course, what I was asking you.
The trouble with “psychoacoustics” is the psycho part. Neuroscience is beginning to properly explain things that psychology guesses at.
You really need a theory behind your hypothesis that the phase of harmonics is relevant. Otherwise you are in wishful thinking territory.

What are they was, of course, what I was asking you.
The trouble with “psychoacoustics” is the psycho part. Neuroscience is beginning to properly explain things that psychology guesses at.
You really need a theory behind your hypothesis that the phase of harmonics is relevant. Otherwise you are in wishful thinking territory.
I know this for a long time, because 25 years ago I developed tube amplifiers for myself. All the amplifiers that I made myself or heard about other people's models and which very well reproduced a three-dimensional scene and conveyed emotions did not have a general negative feedback. Among them were also transistor amplifiers from Danish manufacturers. Or they had a very shallow depth of general feedback, which could make tuning a little easier.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.