Amplifier Help - Sonics 800x (Bryston 7b)

So I ended up with a pair of Sonics 800x amplifers (Bryston 7B NRB amps with a custom input stage) that are in perfect condition, and I enjoy the sound. Unfortunately, as they lived their life in an IMAX theater before I got them, they dont have soft start, or speaker protection circuits, or a power button. I am looking at adding those items, as well as re-capping it, since it is 30 years old this month.

I will admit total ignorance in the electronics area, but I was looking at the boards diyaudio offers (Soft Start & Speaker Turn-On Delay / DC Protector Combo – diyAudio Store). Am I incorrect in assuming these should work for my needs?

Does anyone know of someone who would be willing to take this on (or really mentor someone through this process)? I am in the central ohio area if it is of any difference.

If this is any help, I have Sonics 800x and 600x amps. The 800x is approx 28 years old Bryston 7B NRB mono amp, as mentioned earlier. Very easy to convert to stereo.
Re: "soft" start, the amp has a speaker relays, they age with time. Had mine replaced by Bryston
Re: re-caping, I gave Bryston free hand to replace/update everything to factory specs. They did not replace the caps, they said they are fine.
Re: power button, not needed, decent "smart power bar" with master/slave outlet works great, the pre-amp/receiver (with remote) in "master" outlet will trigger the Bryston in "slave" outlet.

Well I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a pair of the Sonics 800X, should arrive Friday. I wish there was more info on the internet about these. I will probably use them as monoblocks but need to understand exactly how the speaker terminals are wired to use as is and modification options.

javi1960
How did you make out with hooking the amps up. I as well have aquired a pair of sonics. Mine are the 600x or the 5b. I hear ya about info on the net, next to nada. I too would like to use these in a monoblock set up, one per left and right fronts. The xlr LF output and the xlr crossover input have me pulling what little hair i have left out. Kinda new to this and totally new to xlr. These amps were gifted to me by a very close freind and would love to fire them up but am lost on how.
Any info from anbody woud be greatly appreciated.
Avr is a yamaha rx v 659
And the back of the amp

Attachments

• P_20231204_111548.jpg
    P_20231204_111548.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 37
  • P_20231120_051158~2.jpg
    P_20231120_051158~2.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 45
So in my case I just hooked them up like any other monoblock and they worked perfectly. I used a 2 Channel preamp with XLR outputs. You can get adapter cables to go from rca on you air to xlr on the amp. I thought I read the 600x has two channels at different output levels.

Ya, the sonics 600x does have three channels, two bridged one not. I beleive from what i could gather and from looking at the board on the inside its a bryston 5b with different face and rear plates.
Think my plan is going to be to take them in to a shop and see if they can delete the xlr for rca in and outputs.
Thanks for they info..